1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Went Out With Des Today

Discussion in 'D16 Desmosedici RR' started by Robarano, Sep 2, 2018.

1. IMG_5377.jpg

Got up this morning had a look at the weather forecast and it looked to be a decent day, if a little couldy. :sun:

As I'm on a bender next Saturday and off to Italy for a couple of weeks, the week after, this may be my last chace to have a Sunday out this year. Then I thought, Des hasn't seen the light of day for about 4 years, let's stretch his legs. :motorcycleduc: :) Went online, got it taxed and ready for the off.

IMG_6754.jpg

I thought I'd do one of my favourite runs and headed to God's biking country.

IMG_6758.JPG

Had a stop over in Devil's Bridge, Kirby Lonsdale for a drink and cheeseburger. :yum Did about 200 miles in total today, up through Penrith and back over Hartside Pass.

IMG_6764.JPG
    IMG_6766.JPG

Took part in a multi choice quiz 3 times today. I chose 'Green' all 3 times and seem to have got it correct. :cold_sweat:

IMG_6767.JPG

Got back home after about 5 hours, giving Des a good scrub.

IMG_6770.JPG

IMG_6771.JPG

The Labrador was out for a walk, so had to use my dog dryer at the end of the process.

*Edited for @Ducbird :) :upyeah:

Screen Shot 2018-09-02 at 17.58.49.png

#1 Robarano, Sep 2, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 24
    • Love You Love You x 2
  2. Sounds like you had a great day, multiple choice success THREE times (is a huge improvement), electric dog drying and a brilliant bin edit thrown in together with a cheese burger lunch out! Some guys live the high life.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. No bends on your run out?? ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. What a machine, I’d love to get the chance to actually ride one just once. Beautiful.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Taking it easy. New tyres and I wore textiles and kevlar jeans. It's an expensive toy to lob through a hedge and I feel no need to be a legend on the road. :innocent:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  6. Does the dog know your using his dryer (got one the same)

• Like Like x 1
  7. JAT,A very nice approach to try get a free ride but will he bite:thinkingface:

8. Was a Desmo up at Willy Woods this afternoon... lovely things. They have a kind face and I imagine them being nice to ride. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. :no_mouth:

10. It was worth a try!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I spotted Des and gave (I’m assuming you) a thumbs up today. Middleton-in-Teesdale.

Looked epic out in the wild!

I was on one of ‘our lots’ many Sunday ride coffee breaks

• Like Like x 3
  12. Were there 3 of you? on my left. :thinkingface: I remember that around that area. Nice to meet you. :laughing:

I remember a few bikers jumping up, during a coffee break at some tables by the side of the road. One of them looked to have gained a lap full of coffee. :worried:

You sometimes get that reaction. o_O

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. I almost forgot. When I pulled it out of the garage this morning and saw the old school (10 years old design now) mix of carbon, titanium and magnesium before me. I went through a mental checklist.
    • Traction control - Nope
    • ABS - Nope
    • Blipper - Nope
    • Quickshifter - Nope
    • Riding modes - Nope
    • Anti wheelie - Nope
    • IMU - Nope.
    o_O
    • An exhaust note to wake the dead - Check. :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. "Des hasn't seen the light of day for 4 years..." and you go out start it up and blast around 200 miles .....is it a Honda?
    I WANT ONE! Most reliable Ducati ever....hahaaaaaa

• Like Like x 2
  15. I do have it serviced even though it hasn't been used. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  16. I'm curious, since it has been four years does it perform better than you remember?

17. I don't remember. :thinkingface:

The carbon wheels had me tipping into corners too early and having to pick the bike back up. It's quick enough and I got nowhere near scratching the surface today tbh. It feels on a par with the 1098R and Pani R speed wise, just different. It doesn't have the torque of the 1098R, but neither does the Pani R, the engine is awsome when revved. The brakes on the Pani R are better, but I would expect that 10 years on. The Desmo feels lighter than both the other bikes, not sure if it is, but it feels like it. Oh and the suspension is suited to tracks or smooth faster roads, it's rock hard and I was out of the seat and off the pegs a few times on the bumpy stuff.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Ooooo how lovely :heart_eyes:

• Love You Love You x 1
  19. Isn’t there a more delicate way of cleaning it than giving it a “bath”?

20. 20180903_112153~2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information