1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wera Tool Kit

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Robarano, May 2, 2020.

1. I wanted a portable tool kit for my Italian trip (if it happens) and was pointed towards some Wera kits. The quality is excellent and the rotational ratchet head is a neat idea. The neat touches like the raised rubber logos on the carrying case, the stiched writing inside, not stickers and the colour coded sockets.

I bought one the other day and it arrived this morning. What a cool piece of kit it is. Now it won't be able to loosen a rear wheel, but will be handy for any small stuff.

Not cheap at £80, but highly recommended. :) :upyeah:

Oh, a shout out to FFX. I've used them before and this was a genuine next day free delivery. Top service.

IMG_9213.JPG

IMG_9215.JPG

IMG_9216.JPG

From 4:10 (this is an imperial set, but the same)

#1 Robarano, May 2, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  2. I went with this one a while back. The sockets fit inside one of the ratchets for better access in nooks and crannies.
    Wera Kraftorm Kompakt Zyklop Mini 2 1/4" Shallow Socket Set, 27pc, 05135918001 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01CILZXRI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_8WyREb0W63H6M

Have just received one of the joker ratchet spanners and will probably now buy a set after liking what I saw.
    The wera stuff is solid kit and survived well in my work marine environment, so should outlive me in a home workshop.

• Like Like x 2
  3. I have a set of Wera Allen keys. They are fantastic. Best I have ever had.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. DC1804C4-9E7F-4E66-9009-7EB9B7C2D295.jpeg 0D314620-EC13-4330-884C-FE1E33F6D06D.jpeg D1226872-5911-4D37-92B7-B4855FA7E1B1.jpeg I’ve been very pleased with this, used successfully in anger a couple of times.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I've had the same socket set for a few years now and yes it's a good piece of kit. However I have also used some of their screwdrivers and had no problems with the pozis but had two of the flat drivers snap off on the corner of the blade, different size tools but both broke in the same way. Never had it happen with any other make and I wasn't levering with them or trying to get extra turning force with grips on the handle, just hand pressure.

6. I’ve got the exact same set, Wera stuff is awesome. Got the 3/8 set as well, not cheap but beautifully engineered tools.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 3
  7. I have the same Wera Compact Set - EXCELLENT and the 2 ratcheting Facom spanners shown above and a Leatherman - and AA / RAC coverage... last and by no means least a CC.....

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yep this kit, a few spanners, puncture cartridges, sundries and breakdown cover will be OK for my trip (hopefully) :upyeah:

9. My sister bought her husband a Wera Advent Calendar a few years ago, he bought her a Gin one :joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Are they still together? o_O

11. yeah, he doesn't drink, she on the contrary drinks like a fish :joy:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Another +1 for Wera

upload_2020-5-4_19-34-34.jpeg

That one fits perfectly with puncture kit in the Givi tool box.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Same, I have a load of this stuff. Almost as good as the Beta tools stuff I have been buying lately. I wangle it through my business and save the TVA!

• Like Like x 1
  14. The only things I had to add were a couple of extension bars

• Like Like x 1
  15. I have been using this facom 1/4" Rnano for 8 years almost daily between work and at home. Best portable socket set i have ever owned and I would be lost without it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have a set of wera stainless Allen keys and the are good too.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. In that sense my non-bike kit is the Halfords Advanced 1/4" set. That is a fantastic bit of kit, just not quite as portable. The great thing in that is that the screwdriver handle has a 1/4" pass-through and so is also an extension, plus you get a UJ and a short 1/4" extension. Very flexible kit and I probably use that every other day for one thing and another.

Available at a discount with your forum card... ;)

17. Wera and Facom - not to mention Wiha - are all excellent, and I'd find it hard to choose between them. I think only PB Swiss can top them. Like a Rolex watch, PB Swiss tools have a je ne sais quoi that feels good in the hand.

#19 Freerange_egg, May 7, 2020
    Last edited: May 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information