1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Were Customers Invited To Buy ?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Android853sp, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Having a senior moment sat on the sofa and my memory is telling me at least one of 21st century Ducati "prestigious" models was offered to selected customers by invitation. Someone please help ! Andy

2. I think that was for a Diavel model.

3. My dealer rang me to ask if I wanted to buy an SL2, when they came out. o_O

He knew I had a Desmo and confused me with someone with wads of cash, like @Exige :eyes:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Superleggere

5. I don't have any exotic Ducati's like you :eyes:

6. :motorcycleduc::motorcycleduc::motorcycleduc::motorcycleduc::motorcycleduc::motorcycleduc::motorcycleduc::motorcycleduc::motorcycleduc::motorcycleduc::motorcycleduc::motorcycleduc::motorcycleduc::motorcycleduc::motorcycleduc::motorcycleduc::motorcycleduc: :eyes:

7. Didn't 999r owners get first refusal on the desmocidici ??

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. That's because you have two legged toys too

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. :thinkingface:

[​IMG]

10. They kinda look familiar :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Ducati sent out fancy presentation letters prior to the release of the sl2. I was talking to Tim Maccabee about how Ducati pick people for there invite only events and it is basically and obviously you have to be a Ducati customer but you also have to be on there mailing list.

12. Well i bought an oil filter from them and they e mail me with offers, i didnt get invited to buy an sl though.

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. True, but more importantly:

IMG_6179.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Yes. I received a letter from Ducati to that effect as I'd recently bought one of the last 999R's. But alas, I was skint.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Well i was trying to be diplomatic but yes thats about right, still have to be on the mailing list tho.

16. I'm on the understanding that Desmo's were 1st offered to all 999R owners, not sure if this also extended to 996/998R owners? When the 1098R were launched in 2008, 1098R owners were then offered upgrades to a Desmo and then included when SL1's were on the cards. I believe SL2's were 1st offered to SL1/ Desmo owners, then onto if not already included all R owners and on and on and Ariston. Other Ducati owners do get the offers when the Specials bikes are officially announced by Ducati HQ/ the dealers.

Whether this continues with the current rate of development and changes every 2 years now I don't know.

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information