1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What’s Really Going On With Josh Brookes Then?

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Phill748, Aug 1, 2021.

1. I think it was also quite telling that after the last race when asked about what Paul Bird thought that Josh said he didn’t know as they hadn’t spoken about it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Head fucked.

3. Me too. Roll on Friday :D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Me too. I found a 20 bag on sat night and have smoked myself silly all weekend. Couldnt find my headtorch in the garage for 1/2 hr, then realised I was wearing it. Biscuits took a hammering. I cant believe I used to smoke this stuff every day...feel a bit vague today.

• Funny Funny x 6
  5. That when you get arse fucked?

I have been this week. Had to pay HMRC tax on money I haven’t earned yet : unamused:

6. In my defence I was making a snide joke towards a newspaper report on why Hamilton didn't win the last race.....

Just clearing that up :upyeah::)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tbf if he's not comfortable maybe he should try the comfort seat accessory, I bet he can get discount on one :thinkingface:

Failing that maybe just ride something faster, like a Multi :thinkingface:

Fuck knows what they're playing at, come speak to me I've got the answers :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Maybe there is and issue with the chassis? It has happened before, teams spent 2-3 races playing around with setup and then it worked out the chassis was not up to specs.
    As @Advikaz wrote at this level 1-2 clicks can make a huge difference, not even point to compare with fast trackday riding.
    Surely he cannot push if doesn't feel 100% confident on the bike.

Speaking after race three, Brookes said: “I’m upbeat. I felt like I rode really good in that race. You get those indicators, the front is going and the rear is sliding, you’re doing all the things that feel good when you’re at the front and you’re pushing the limit. I was doing all the stuff I usually do, just not in the television audiences’ view.
    “I feel good in myself. I just need to keep reporting the information back and eventually something will have to change. I think if you continue to do the same thing the same way hoping for a different result it’s not really the right way of working. Hopefully, if I keep giving the right information back, we’ll get some change. We’ll see how we go as the rounds go on.
    “On corner entry the rear doesn’t really grip the track that well. If you think 80% of the braking is happening with front wheel and maybe 20% is coming from the rear, then I have lost 20% of my efficiency going into a corner because the rear isn’t helping the front.
    “And this changes between sessions; obviously we increase engine braking, decrease engine braking stuff like that, trying to find a setting. And then as I get to the middle of the corner and lean it over, normally the sensation you feel is the tyres get grip and the suspension loads into the tyres, and you can use that captive energy to accelerate out of the turn. But I just get a chattery feeling and the bike just skips away mid-corner. And here especially, it was just spinning.
    “As I come out of the turn, I go to accelerate with the other riders I’m around and the rear’s just spinning, spinning, spinning. It’s quite a difficult situation to understand exactly where the problems are. As the rider, my duty is to ride the bike and give the information back and hopefully at some point the information they collect with the data or the comments I make will unearth a change that will bring us forward.”

Johnny Mowatt, Team Co-ordinator added: “We need to regroup and come back fighting at Donington, even more so on Josh’s side of the garage. He’s struggled all weekend and we need to get to the bottom of the issues as soon as we possibly can as reaching the top eight and the Showdown positions is getting further out of reach with every weekend.”

9. Yeah, I've got one of those to sort out. Cheeky bastards, I've got shit going on....

10. They have put the bike back exactly as last year apparently and he still can’t ‘get the right feeling’. Unless tyres have changed dramatically, no reason other than rider as to why it won’t perform.

11. From bikesport news….

Speculation concerning the future of Josh Brookes ran riot at Thruxton following another disappointing display by the Bennetts British Superbike Champio.

Three victories by fellow Aussie Jason O’Halloran on the McAMS Yamaha gave him a clear lead in the championship and made Brookes’, who could only make 17th, 14th and 16th, chances of retaining it ever more distant for the PBM Vision Track Ducati team.

And prospects were not helped by team-mate and earlier championship leader Christian Iddon being wiped out by Lee Jackson in race two and losing the lead.

Post-race television interviews did not assist the situation. Brookes, as ever, was putting on a brave face while admitting that changes made were not working but discounting the story that he was still suffering from injuries from riding a motocross bike.

TV pundit and former champion under the PBM banner Shane Byrne put it down to a lack of confidence but suggested that it was likely to be the end of the road for what had been a very successful partnership.

While admitting that he had not been close enough to to the situation, team owner Paul Bird told bikesportnews.com that as far as he was concerned Brookes would continue to be an important part of the team for the rest of this year and maybe next.

“We had a heart to heart on Sunday evening and there will be changes in time for the next meeting at Donington. Josh Brookes will not be leaving this team, I don’t want him to and I don’t think he does,” said Bird.

“We talked about changing things, it was an open and I think positive conversation

12. What, like the positive and open conversation Bird had with Shakey before unceremoniously dumping him whilst recovering from those horrendous injuries from Snetterton testing ? Josh needs to watch his back before he gets shafted which, IMO, he will. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Basically PB has given him the vote of confidence a football manager gets the week before being fired.

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information