1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What 250cc Bike For An 87 Year Old

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by CRYSTALJOHN, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Outrageous, we need a thread on this topic immediately :mad:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Confessionary....

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Inspirational.
    @CRYSTALJOHN if you can and he agrees, some pics when he is trying out the bikes?

4. There's a local group around here, 'The Last Of The Summer Wine Bikers', whose average age is well into the 60s. The eldest, 83, rides a Honda NC750X, as do a couple of the others over 70.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Isn't the average age on here about the same?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Depending on how new he wants it to be what about a 600 Monster
    I had one and it was light simple and had a fair turn of speed when needed. Handled beautifully and was pretty low for getting on. Dropping them at a standstill doesn't cause much damage

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Go for the lightest / my dragster is 157 kg , I wouldn’t want anything heavier at my years lol

KTM 390 duke - 150 kg
    Kawa KLX 250 - 140 kg
    Honda CRF 250 - 145 kg

Monster 600 174kg
    400 scrambler 183kg !!!!!
    GS310. 169 kg

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Agree but monster had low sweat and low down weight so feels light - depends on how high you can kick your leg

9. when do we join? ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Why not just old school bike, and old 400 or something

11. Unless you've undertaken major lightning work, it varies 168-175 dry, so 180-190 wet.. ;)

12. I’ve lost a few pounds

• Like Like x 1
  13. do you only have 2 cylinders and one wheel lol

14. We have one of these and it's brilliant. They are a little bit easy to stall on pulling away until they loosen up a bit (@ 500+ miles) but they handle great, they weigh nothing and have a bit of presence on the road. We love it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. I already have :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Am I average yet?

17. you never are or will be Pete

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Triumph Street Twin?
    Not the lightest but low COG makes it feel lighter than it is. Quite a low seat height too (760mm I think).
    Should I get my coat?:rolleyes:

19. This is my other bike.
    https://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/us/svartpilen/svartpilen-401/
    It's great for tooling around and going off road some. Don't know how far it is from Norfolk to West Sussex. I haven't done any long trips with mine though it was comfortable for an 80 mile trip one day. Seat is higher than my Monster by a few inches. Wouldn't mind getting the 701 but cost jumps quite a bit. 401's are much more affordable, local dealer says they sell quite a few.
    I did add a small Puig windscreen recently, oem windscreen reviews were not good.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. How about a step through twist n go?
    Low c of g, easy to get on and off and stick your helmet under the seat when you get where you're going.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information