1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What 250cc Bike For An 87 Year Old

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by CRYSTALJOHN, Sep 6, 2019.

1. I did suggest a twist and go @oldrider, he did have a ride on an old 125 Yamaha twist and go, liked the automatic bit, but was put off by excessive fork dive when he braked hard, and didn't get on with the fiddly indicator switch.
    I am actively looking around trying to find a larger automatic scooter for him to try a 250cc or larger.

Saw this when I was at Loomies yesterday, no idea what model it is or engine size, I really liked the look of it. honda scooter.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  2. I think the most suitable bike that's been suggested so far is @drax dave BMW . I took a look on their website to see the nearest dealer that had one in stock, and as far as i can see the nearest is in the north of england.
    I will give BMW a call soon.

3. upload_2019-9-8_9-29-26.png

Could be one of these Honda X Adv - but they are heavy and expensive (240KG) and 10K and also 750cc

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. My mate who takes me flying has Honda Forza125 and loves it.
    I think they do bigger versions.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Thanks for identifying the scooter Simon. 240Kg is outrageous! I do like the look of it though.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Our Kidney Cancer Charity team rode 8 of these from Lands End to West London, via the South Coast.
    10 of them fitted into the back of a Sprinter (we had two spares and one snowflake celebrity with us). They were locked in the back of the van when we stopped to prevent theft.
    Got loads of love from everyone on the way.... We even got mentioned on the local radio several times.... mainly for holding up traffic.
    Don't knock em... super light... free of MOT and Tax... £17 a year insurance in London!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Aprillias rs250 chesterfield livery.
    That smell will make you feel young again

• Like Like x 2
  8. agree ^ - if you can smell it.

9. I wear it when I go to the pub along with Castrol r as mouthwash lol

10. I believe that there may have been a resolution to the OP’s original question.

11. I love it as much as you :upyeah: but sense of smell 99% gone now

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Still got mine! I can smell a Dorito from 100 yards
    But reckon it will disappear when I get a bit older along with the use of my body from all the pins and metal work I have lol

Do Not Sell My Personal Information