1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What....a Triumph!

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Expat Jack, Jul 22, 2020.

1. Cheers bud. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  2. I was one of those who put down the £1000 last year on one of these...ended up getting a 959 instead!
    There is a lot of feedback about the engines cutting out and rear wheel lockups...plenty of info on the Daytona 765 forum and FB pages.
    Hopefully it’s not a big issue but I expect there will be a safety recall soon!
    The RH wires were the same on all of the new 765 Daytona, some also had fairing alignment issues.
    It is a great looking bike though and I’m sure you won’t see many around. I just fancied my first Ducati after several Triumphs!

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Love a safety recall me. Two Panigale’s and the Street Triple have had at least one in the last two years. :joy::joy:

4. I’m sooooo very very jealous!

Great choice - hankered after a 675R for years but when the time finally came to get a sports bike they had stopped making them!

Would love them to put a more affordable version of your new toy into production so I could crash that at Cadwell too! ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  5. 165kg is the dry weight listed on the Triumph site - they don’t list a wet weight.

Bike Magazine weighed one with all fluids and battery at 190kg which seems a bit much.

• WTF WTF x 1
  6. I will try and rob the Mrs’ bathroom scales and do a comparison between both Triumphs so at least there is some kind of baseline. I would think 190 fully filled and with battery is close if dry is 165 though. 17 litres fuel, 4 litres oil, coolant would be c22kg plus the acid battery of c5kg and you are there.
    I know how obsessed with bike weight you are ;) so let’s have a looksee.

#46 Expat Jack, Jul 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  7. A great find and terrific buy! A lovely thing indeed and as another Striple owner I have to say that I'm very impressed with the build quality and what a SWEET engine :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  8. A stunning bike. I like it, very much...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. After 10 years and 24k miles my Sprint ST 1050 fairing bolts are still shiny ———- Why Ducati make such lovely bikes but use shit fixings I will never understand!

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. I took a 900 GT Pro out for a test ride yesterday - really easy to ride, handles well, feels light and agile, lots of bells and whistles, both feet planted...on my list too (but don't know what to trade in for it :confused: )

11. @final_edition
    @LiveFast......

The Mrs bathroom scales have been deployed and the verdict on the Daytona is........

190kg brimmed to the top.
    165 dry sounds right.

The Summer edition of Fast Bikes has a back to back comparison between the Daytona and a 2020 Street Triple RS. Weight is stated as close enough to identical, they say 165kg wet for Daytona and 166kg wet for Striple. Clearly wrong on the wet/dry front.

Given that, I did not roll my RS onto the scales BUT I did weigh my 748r which had half a tank of fuel in it. That came in at 200kg so, let’s say 208 ish brimmed.

So, there you go.

BTW. Fast Bikes gave the Daytona 10/10 :cool:

I’m off out to put another 100 miles on her now.

• Like Like x 8
  12. Junk road kit, smattering of carbon, wheels, battery and you could easily have a 170kg or less bike by the sound of it.

Perfect for track ;)

13. 125 my ass!!

Very nice mate

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. You said 125, not me. I merely implied and left the rest to you. :D

15. And so it starts..... image.jpg
    PS this afternoons ride aborted. Plumbers back on bathroom duty unexpectedly :mad:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  16. Sneaky sausage aren't you

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. All good fun mate. ;):)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Chipolata :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. I managed to escape from the house for an hour and now have doubled her mileage since I picked her up.
    Need to adjust the Brake and clutch levers down - why do they always come so high? I accelerated whilst reaching my fingers up and over to get on the brakes sharpish when a van was parked up mid corner which made me pucker up a bit.
    Will also have a play with foot pegs - move then a bit higher I think although they are pretty comfy where they are.
    Throttle response is a bit fluffy off the stop which surprised me a bit. The Striple is immediate. Will get that looked at first service. Chain is slacker than The Fat Slags too which upsets the QS. Same in Striple, it’s sensitive to this it seems.
    Other than those minor points (which you think owner number 1 would have sorted) - love it :heart_eyes:

• Like Like x 2
  20. Beauty, the attention to detail looks brilliant from the pics, never seen one in the flesh, (prob never will) but imagine it's just as nice. Congrats.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information