1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What....a Triumph!

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Expat Jack, Jul 22, 2020.

1. She is a beaut, congrats

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Absolutely cracking bike big thumbs up.
    Only trouble is there a bit common .. :)
    Enjoy mate.

20200711_145752.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. That’s a like, a funny and an agree! You even have the rear sets :eek:

4. The other thing you might want to keep an eye out for is the frame sliders (Triumph part No A9788014 ) Only old stock here and there from the 675R. :)

5. What's the dB like?

6. Quiet. No problem on any track regardless of limit. Stamped 92db.

7. Sorry mate. Got that wrong. It is v quiet but sticker says 97dB

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nice, glad you are enjoying it. I actually tried to put a deposit down on one on day two after announced and was already on the reserve reserve list. I’m okay with the V2 for sure but can definitely appreciate the charm of this having had a 2x 675r previously

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hi. Is this the right kit please?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133463011319

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Cheers. I have already messaged the seller to ensure all bolts spacers etc are present plus query the item number. :upyeah:

11. Yeah that looks like them.
    You might want to get a couple of new nuts to go with the supplied longer bolts as there supposed to be single use.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Aren’t Triumphs mostly built in Thailand now (not that that is necessarily a problem)?

And not your Moto2 special, obviously...!

13. Good reason not to buy one then! I am pretty sure that Guzzis are still built in Italy. Anyone know better?

Strange that migrants will traipse across Africa and Europe in order to get on a childrens' rubber ring across the channel because they MUST GET HERE. When we make hardly anything and nothing that they can help with. We alway used to be called the "sick man of Europe", yet migrants flock here.

And then Patel wants to go and inspect the French camps while imposing immigration laws that would of prevented her family from coming here!

F*?>ing confusion today's World! At least, I suppose, we really are the sck man of Europe now - literally!

And slowly, very slowly the BBC are waking up to find that they can't compete with other news stations, who somehow manage to resist the urge to broadcast in countless foreign languages welcoming migrants here. If only they were allowed to advertise. They could do a deal with Amazon to advertise all of those warehouse jobs!

14. My Thruxton and Bonnie. 851 and Bonnie.jpg Triumph at Virginia Point.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  15. He's right you know (545/765). Only I don't have the adjustable footrests - I did not know they existed! This must be rectified...
    IMG_1225 (2).jpeg
    Fascinated to see you track prep it. That's the objective with mine. I'm too old/slow for a litre bike these days, but the Daytona should be manageable. I do note that the gearing means you hit 150 indicated at the red line, so long straights might get a bit frustrating.

• Like Like x 4
  16. I like the bike overall, as I said I tried to put a deposit on one, but there's a few things about it that really take the shine off it in terms of how thought through it was versus Triumphs claim. Things like the foot rest hangers not being given the same finish as the main frame is just lazy, and the issue with a lot of them where they have massive cable slack for the switch gear where it's off the Street Triple and hasn't been tidied away (left bar) and I think it's where Triumph are coming unstuck. There's a few of their more recent models where they have done little things here and there that sort of make you question them. That said it's just my OCD I'm sure, and I am sure it will ride great. You can't really tell from Youtube videos whether it's got noticeably more power than a 675R, but would love to try one.

17. Rear sets part number is A9770044 I think.

• Like Like x 1
  18. My cables are pretty neat as any excess cable goes behind the panel behind the headlights. I wonder if the press bike was rushed out?
    Having said that, I had the rh switchgear changed as it looked like the following picture. Not great.
    D4A00238-098B-4D59-B552-1017EC691BCE.jpeg

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. I love my 5 year old Street Triple Rx 675 that I've had for 5 years with 12K miles on clock, done tours and several track days - never missed a beat.

Other bikes have come and gone, but this is a bike I can't see me selling.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information