1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What....a Triumph!

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Expat Jack, Jul 22, 2020.

1. EJ what mods if any you thinking of?

2. Good question. In order:

1. get it run in. Will be over 550 miles this time tomorrow. Fit set of GB Racing covers I have in the garage.
    2. First service booked a week Friday
    3. First proper “mod” will be to get suspension professionally set up to my weight and riding. Took the RS on track in late June and it was sublime out of the box, so that’s the baseline.

That’s it for now but I would love a set of BST carbon wheels and, I have a Hyperpro steering damper that may find its way onto it at some point. But they are longer term.

3. Look at throttle spacers mate, just like the Ducati's. Might offer similar improvement to feel of the throttle, also the wheels on the d675 are actually really really light for an OEM, some early ones bent easily they were that light, doesn’t seem to have been an issue for a good while now though

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Did over 200 miles passing through Bucks, Berks, Surrey, West Sussex, East Sussex and Kent today.
    It was comfy for the first 120 miles but I am now aching. On a par with my Pani I think, might be slightly worse but I have raised the pegs a bit.
    Starting to raise the revs a bit up to c8k - just where the fun starts :(
    Sounds nice when revved like the Striple but more as the fairing deflects some intake noise up at you.
    Happy bunny.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Today I passed the 600 mile mark and service is due. I booked it for next Friday so hit the miles a week early. I cannot wait to let her rip. :heart_eyes:

• Like Like x 4
  6. Update on weight. Fast Bikes have a Daytona 765 in this month’s Ultimate Sports Bike 2020 edition and the fully fuelled weight on their weighing table is

188.5kg

So the Mrs bathroom scales were pretty close.

They had a V2 in the test too. It was one of the heaviest bikes there (heavier than the V4s) at 206kg wet.

• Like Like x 1
  7. full fuelled and road trim thats not bad. Means what 170kg wet (oil/coolant no fuel)?

8. 165kg dry mate.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Re the mods. Still running in so have not done suspension yet but added a bit of bling:

GB Racing protectors

IMG_3698.jpg D39210AB-6335-4785-BA7D-0BE2B8B9B9F3.JPG

Triumph axle sliders

IMG_3699.jpg

TWM QR fuel cap

IMG_3708.jpg

Chain adjusters and titanium locking wheel nut, both Gilles

IMG_3714.jpg IMG_3715.jpg

Next I may add a CF sprocket cover (or I may not?).

I joined the Triumph D765 forum and posted as a new member just saying hello. In a week I had one response and that was from the USA - and its mainly a GB site. Still, not many of the bikes around and even fewer owners who ride them so I guess thats to be expected.

Loving the ride BTW.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Very noice

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Try this site https://www.daytona765.com/index.php

12. Sorry...
    I just went and had a look . It is a bit quieter than it was on lock down.
    Anyway Welcome to the 765 forum.. :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thank you. Looks like a good resource but limited numbers (see what I did there?).
    I kinda like this forum a lot and probably will only visit the 765 one when researching.

14. Off to sunny Bude tomorrow night for a tyre kicking session. :)

765 Moto2.jpg

• Love You Love You x 1
  15. I went camping in Bude with my girlfriend on my bike when I was 18.

16. The one at Supersausage was so quiet on start up I thought it was electric :eek:
    I hope they sound better when on the move?

17. I missed that one!!
    They are v quiet at low revs. The stock can looks great but a lot of silencing done in the cat I think. Think the Street Triple is actually louder.

• Like Like x 1
  18. It looked very smart, but lack of noise didn’t ‘feel’ right, if that makes sense:no_mouth:

19. Yes, I get you. I would like a bit more noise but without being stupid. The triple can get daft loud if you go too far and that’s not right either. My dealer are investigating a link pipe to up the Db but I think that might be F off loud TBH.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information