1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT What Aftermarket Screen

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by woodbutcher, Mar 26, 2016.

1. I found it was my helmet ( carberg duke. Legend ) with standard screen that was giving me all the unbearable buffeting.
    I really don't know what to do now on choosing my next helmet as this trial and error could get very expensive

2. Yeah £35 posted if you want it let me know

3. schuberth c3 pro its perfect

4. I also have a C3Pro and always use ear plugs, have so far tried puig racing screen, standard, standard plus wunderlich and a Palmer products adapter. I'm 6'1 and have seat in standard position. Noise above 65mph is unacceptable, love the bike but if I can't solve this it's going on ebay

5. JSTRAW ehat goin in ebay the screen the helmet and/or the bike?

My shoei neotec I'd just noisy which ever bike I'm riding. Need ear plugs.

6. @Cog Head , do you still like the Givi screen after some time using it? I'm leaning mostly to this screen.

7. Puig screens suit the DVT MTS

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Hi, yeah the screen is awesome, only slight.. not so much a problem, is when it’s really hot, you have to put the screen down to the bottom and put up with some wind when your riding in +35C temps

• Like Like x 1
  9. I fitted the Givi touring screen first week in September and then fractured middle finger of right hand and am only just getting back into the saddle so have only done a few hundred miles.

Feedback so far is that in the upper position the noise is much quieter up to about 80, above that the noise increases and I wouldn't want to travel above 90 (autobahns obviously!) for a long distance.

There is little/no buffetting up to 80mph, above that and with the screen in the upper position it is quite noticeable, kinda wobbling the top of the helmet around, not particularly pleasant, do-able for a few miles but I wouldn't want it for more than half an hour or so

Vison - with the screen in the upper position I am just looking over it, if I crouch or lean forward I am looking through it. For country lane work or sweeping twisties I find it gets in the way a bit and so has to be dropped down to lowest setting and accept the additional wind noise

Aesthetics - although the Givi screen is bigger than the standard I don't think it detracts from the sporty look, for sure it is not a black racing Puig but for me the screen fits the bike and doesn't look like an aftermarket afterthought

10. I found that with the screen in its highest position I was getting some buffeting at the top of my helmet, and if you drop the screen a notch or 2 sovthst the air stream is just kidding the top of your lid it smooths everything out, the faster I go, the lower I’d put the screen.
    I rode 4,000mi around Europe in 17days in September with this screen fitted, it took a while to fettle it, but I’ve found it’s sweet spot for most of my riding.

• Like Like x 1
  11. How tall are you? I’m considering the Givi at the moment. Do you have any pictures of it on the bike? I’m a little concerned it’ll look too wide.

12. How tall are you? I’m considering the Givi at the moment. Do you have any pictures of it on the bike? I’m a little concerned it’ll look too wide.

13. Not sure if I mentioned elsewhere (It's my age.!) but I have standard, Puig and MRA.
    After extensive blasting, sorry testing, I found the MRA, with addition of side wing-lets, to be the best all round compromise.
    Noise is acceptable, protection good and I leave it in same position for everything.
    I always wear ear plugs and wear a Shoei GT Air.
    I do occasionally alter the flip just to see what feeling, change of effect etc but always seem to return to same, fully flipped-up setting.

I'm 5'8 1/2"

That's not me in my avatar............ but very close.!

14. I'm 6'1, 31" leg.
    No photo's but rain permitting I'll take some over the w/e and post them

15. I have puig dark smoke, worked well on recent Scottish tour (only 5'10 though)

16. A picture says a thousand words

BA9058CD-C7AF-4FAD-9271-400A88B3B58D.jpeg 4385C699-690F-4BB1-BD7E-C57706E33BF3.jpeg 8F2399A1-CE29-4D08-84A8-3F244513E294.jpeg DAB3DEC0-B3BB-440E-82F9-5F7BA637C4CB.jpeg 51866F10-7986-454F-873A-80C26C96EC8B.jpeg C80A2CA0-23D6-46D4-AE4F-B9B9DE3173B6.jpeg
    Please excuse the mud, I didn’t get chance to clean the bike after I went green laning with my dad.
    0EB1EAB7-113B-47BC-AFDA-ACAB23FA07B7.jpeg 9187E6FB-F17C-418E-AB61-D24C5969E547.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  17. It’s the genuine ducati mount

18. Thank you :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information