1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Are The Truly Rare Ducati’s

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Symon Moore, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Proof?

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. mine was similar, just a paint job
    IMG_20190324_145736.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  3. Yip :blush:

• Like Like x 1
  4. My unobtanium has always been a 750 F1.

5. IMG_4008.JPG IMG_4009.JPG IMG_4010.JPG Bloody wish I had kept this!!!! paid 16k for it just under a year old. Genuine 999R Fila Rep. It was a proper drama though. Oil leaks galore. Electrical issues causing many breakdowns! but looking at it now It deeply upsets me thinking how good it could have been..Would love to know if it's still about? plate number was R999 SBK..

• Like Like x 2
  6. SORN on the 29th July 2015 on the DVLA checker :eyes:
    What year did you sell it and how much for :thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1

7. This vehicle's MOT has expiredYou can be fined up to £1000 for driving without a valid MOT
    This vehicle may be MOT exempt, for more information refer to MOT exemption guidance
    R999SBK DUCATI 999R

Check another vehicle

Colour Red
    Fuel type Petrol
    Date registered 20 July 2004
    MOT expired on 29 July 2015

Get an MOT reminderwhen the vehicle's MOT is near its time for renewal. (Opens in a new Window) by email or text.

If you think the MOT expiry date or any of the vehicle details are wrong, contact DVSA.

Check mileage recorded at test, MOT expiry date, defects and advisories, and view test certificate

The MOT test changed on 20 May 2018
    Defects are now categorised according to their severity – dangerous, major, and minor. Find out more

Date tested 30 July 2014
    Pass
    Mileage 5,684 miles
    MOT test number 9496 0111 4263
    Test location

View test location
    Enter latest V5C number11 digits from the vehicle log book
    Expiry date 29 July 2015
    Date tested 13 May 2011
    Pass
    Mileage 5,665 miles
    MOT test number 1866 7303 1100
    Test location

View test location
    Expiry date 12 May 2012
    Date tested 30 July 2010
    Pass
    Mileage 5,646 miles
    MOT test number 3701 8181 0456
    Test location

View test location
    Expiry date 29 July 2011
    Date tested 28 March 2009
    Pass
    Mileage 5,416 miles
    MOT test number 6437 1798 9031
    Test location

View test location
    Expiry date 27 March 2010
    Advisory notice item(s)
    • Exhaust noisy (7.1.2)
    What are advisories?
    Advisory items are provided for advice. For some of these, if they became more serious, your vehicle may no longer be roadworthy and could require immediate attention.

Date tested 21 March 2009
    Fail
    Mileage 5,407 miles
    MOT test number 3143 8018 9003
    Test location

View test location
    Reason(s) for failure
    • Exhaust noise is clearly in excess of that emitted by a similar motor bicycle fitted with a standard silencer in average condition (7.1.2)
    • Registration plate font not substantially similar to the prescribed font (6.3.4d)
    • Rear reflector on motorcycle missing (1.4.1)
    • Stop lamp remains on when the brake is released (1.3.1e)
    What are failures?
    Failure items must be fixed before the vehicle can pass its MOT.

Date tested 22 February 2008
    Pass
    Mileage 5,168 miles
    MOT test number 1241 2335 8052
    Test location

View test location
    Expiry date 21 February 2009
    Date tested 20 October 2006
    Pass
    Mileage 4,673 miles
    MOT test number 9801 4389 6202
    Test location

View test location
    Expiry date 19 October 2007

Check if DUCATI 999R R999SBK has outstanding recalls

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. That your 996sps mate ?? @Ash34

9. That's cool.... will give you a list of some others:joy:

Pretty sure it went late 2005 and lost a grand as wanted it gone asap as it was giving me the hump! issue after issue right from the getgo ..... Major regret all theses years on!

10. Pretty sure that plate was on a well specc’d 999S in the southwest a fair few years ago. Certainly 999sbk anyway

11. The jhp special 999 isnt either of those.
    20150407_144422.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. That was a weapon.... no longer for sale at the Sheffield mob so wonder if it was SOR and went back or they sold it? I know John didn't buy it back.

The 999R Fila rep they had has gone too.

13. My bevel with a plain bearing crank from a Mille. I only know of 2 more that were done.

14. Think that was probably me bradders.... Originally had a tricked out 999s and was a long standing member of the DSC. But never had that plate until I purchased the 999R. Can't recall the original plate as I purchased the plate after buying the bike. Sure I paid around £250 for it. The S had full system, Carbon wheels and lots of goodies. I'm sure there are a few names I rember from back in the day. Yours being one, Dibble, iang, Kevin Skidlid, Lozy, and I guy called Mark aka Flanker... will dig out some old photos and post them up....

• Like Like x 3
  15. Ha yeah remember we went to a few things together. Best T9 ever yours. Remember chatting about how your tyres went out of balance because they would spin on the car on rims :upyeah:

wete you leading the day Dave slung his senna 748 down the road in cheddar gorge? Think it may have been your mate , big fella, on the other T9

• Like Like x 1
  16. Small world... We had some great fun and regular ride outs....You have a great memory Re tyres spinning on BST carbon wheels! Popham airfield was a good meet up. My Mate Dave also had a 999 in what ended up being in Xerox colours. Yeah definitely had a few good spirited rides! We were known as the "Tart Boys" !! I sold the 999R Fila and then carried on riding but mainly just track on the Black stealth K5.... 38 years now and still as bonkers as every:grinning: I'm still heavily involved in a local race team that keeps me on my toes:motorcycleduc:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Yes with a new handsome suit. Painted, not just stickers. Only the smallest ones are stickers but then all covered in gloss lacquer too.

• Like Like x 1
  18. @Ash34 looks really good mate.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ducati 998s monoposto in yellow only 7 sold in uk.Checked on How many left only 2 now registered.

• Like Like x 4
Do Not Sell My Personal Information