1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Are The Truly Rare Ducati’s

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Symon Moore, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Here is your answer https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/24494/lot/432/

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Yes , that's the one .... thank you !

I'm surprised that they are not worth more than that .

The BSA , fully restored would probably fetch that much ,
    and they made a whole lot more 250 bikes than Ducati did ....
    .... odd .

3. I have a rare 1967 Ducati Cadet 100cc two stroke. It has an impeller on the end of the crank to draw air in through the grille seen here, supposedly to cool the engine because its enclosed in aluminium shrouds...

Ducati Cadet 100.jpg
    Not my bike in the photo, mine's in pieces - they're much rarer assembled!

• Like Like x 3
  4. Ducati Apollo v4 of 1963/4 made for the American importer Berliner is arguably the rarest (oh yes Desmosedici owners, you weren't the first!). Only one complete prototype bike and a spare engine ever made. The bike is in a private Japanese collection and the spare engine in the Ducati Museum.

Ugly as sin mind!

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. I think there were two produced, isnt there an information board at the spare engine in museum stating the whereabouts of the second bike is unknown.

• Like Like x 1
  6. That's a bit greedy :thinkingface:

7. If the 1198R was never raced in WSB I don’t see the point of it.

8. Indeed, emperors clothes ....

• Like Like x 1
  9. One that never breaks down

10. Just like the 1299R :):upyeah:

11. @Exige
    Says the man that lives in a cake shop.;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. But they did race and won the championship in 2011 with Carlos Cecha :thinkingface:

13. Being a bit pedantic here, the 1299 fe was raced by Troy Bayliss in the asbk, so it has a little racing pedigree.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yes, that is indeed a bit pedantic. o_O

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. TBH on reflection I think I may have seen that somewhere too, perhaps at the Museum? H

I did check one of my reference books (50 Golden Years of Ducati, from Archives of Motoclismo magazine) before I posted and that's what it said.

16. Barcelona built Ducatis generally fetch much lower prices than Bologna built ones. And the 24 Horas was notorious for having several supposed flaws. People used to call it the 24 Horrors. Or the 24 Whores.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. 6734BCAC-3FB2-4A2C-926F-655559503C92.jpeg
    Austin engine in drivers footwell, outside the Bell Inn in Ramsbury Wiltshire.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information