1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Are You Watching......?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by XH558, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Wassat like then, Bluegrass or summat?

2. Great book/writer. :bucktooth:

3. That’s not an experiment. That’s how the world is.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. The Inheritence - Netflix. Don’t bother, good story line, rubbishly done.

Mile 22 - Netflix. Slightly better than the other Mark Wahlberg rubbish, Spenser Confidential.

The girl in the Spider’s Web - very good

5. Also watched this the other night. Big Dragon Tatoo fan, the originals (book and films) were great!

This wasn't a Lisbeth movie. Was quite a good movie but just a partial character rip off...oh looks all her back story over 3 books and movies negated a sister and being with her dad in the castle and her getaway.... bit like the Bourne reboot with that bloke from the avengers no one ever knows his name because he flings an arrow and has no powers, you need to forget anything happened before. Took be a bit of time to do that.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. I watched that at the beginning of the week but was really disappointed after the previous films.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Itchy boots, after hearing from it on here, accent sounds very familiar to me lol, good watch !

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dipping into the archives with Kavanagh Qc.

• Like Like x 1
  9. It's on now folks Goodwood speed live Rally cars etc,if you missed the beginning like me wait for itv plus one at 5.30.:upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Now on episode 98 season 1, she is a brave one!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Agreed. First time Hugh Grant steps out of his safe zone of shy, bouffant haired, distantly upper class, posh totty heartthrob and he makes a good job of it; strong performance from Colin Farrell as well I thought. All this with a fast paced well edited storyline kept the film moving forwards. Chalk it up as another enjoyable Guy Ritchie film.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Been watching The Duchess on Netflix, Katherine Ryan ("Strangely Attractive or Just Plain Weird?") wrote and stars in this comedy presumably based on an exaggerated version of her own life. It's no holds barred and very good if you like her style of comedy, but probably best avoided if you don't ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. I think I'm going to watch "True Detective", Season 1 (the first and best) with Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson for the third time. It's a masterpiece with two of the best actors around around playing two of the best characters created.
    It's a masterpiece!

#1893 Richard Tarr, Oct 19, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. 100% :upyeah:
    Dark and f*cked up!

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Roadkill starring Hugh Laurie amongst others
    Peter Laurence (Laurie) is a charismatic government minister on the verge of promotion to high office. He is also celebrating a win in a newspaper libel case. But an inmate at a women’s prison claims to have a secret about Peter’s past that could affect his future.
    Intriguing stuff this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. The Flying Scotsman : A Rail Romance on BBC4. I’m not a train spotter but I recall steam trains with great affection. I remember sitting on the tunnel parapet at Southampton station, waiting for the trains to steam out of the tunnel. This programme looks at the Flying Scotsman from its inception in the early 20s and includes a fantastic collection of 20s jazz music. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  17. Not watched many races this year,but just did the last three BSB rounds.:upyeah:

18. Billions (series 5)

19. Just watched 'The Gentleman' after the recommendations on here and really enjoyed it.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Sure it has been mentioned on here but I just watched the doco, My Octopus Teacher.
    Amazing!

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information