1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 What Battery Charger For Gen 2 Panigale R

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Richard Griffin, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Evening All,

I am need to purchase a lithium iron battery charger for my Panigale R, it has the adaptor fitted on bike, but can anyone advise which charger to buy? Ducati are stating £112, anything cheaper out there?

Thanks in advance.

2. They came free with the bike? :thinkingface:

3. I got a gys charger for mine £45

4. One will have come with the bike at delivery. It plugs into the harness that takes the DDA.

5. Have you got a link Cookster?

• Like Like x 1
  6. I have just purchased a NOCO Genius G3500 which has a specific Lithium mode but also covers basic lead/acid and AGM. Recommended by my workshop and much cheaper than the Skyrich. I choose not to use the DDA as a charging point but connect a cable direct to the battery terminals. Andy

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. It is the one you should have got with the bike - but the chargers are not specific to the bike - Optimate are generally considered to be the market leader.

8. When I recently got my R Ducati Manchester told me that they had had a lot of issues with the Skyrich.
    I personally use Optimate.

9. Not sure how to post a link but just Google gys battery chargers

10. Should be. Easy enough to ring them. Afraid mine is all packed away from moving house so can't check numbers.

11. 76C4E952-6AAF-4263-AA20-E95677813439.jpeg I just got one of these for my Triumph. It does both lead acid and lithium. Basic but cheap. I got it via Bennett’s rewards for £27 inc delivery. Only ordered it yesterday. Might be worth a look especially if ware with Bennett’s. Otherwise it’s c£37.

76C4E952-6AAF-4263-AA20-E95677813439.jpeg

12. No trouble with battery or charger from new. '16R.
    No problems with my '15R skyrich stuff in the year I had it either.
    I would happily buy their batteries and charger again in the future for other bikes.

13. Good to hear. I am simply reporting what the dealer told me. I am not sure it was true or a dealer yarn.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information