1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Book Are You Reading

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Alan williams, Nov 23, 2018.

1. I think it’s finding the right book that starts you off

2. I have the attention span of a gnat, about 25 years ago i did try as recommended Lord of the rings as a good starter, couldn't manage it. Couple of years ago i did manage to read the life story of John Wesley Hardin, as i have a fascination of the wild west.
    I think it was my secondary boys school education back in the 60's, we had the same male english teacher all the way through who insisted on reading to the class rather than reading ourselves. shame

3. We had a great English teacher. Used to encourage is to put on voices etc when reading out loud.
    Of mice and Men by John Steinbeck got me started then later in life Stephen Kings fire starter

4. I grew up reading penny dreadfuls and most of the worse science fiction of the late 50s and early 60s. I cut my teeth on EE ’Doc’ Smith Lensmen series. It does mean that I struggle to read grown up books now though :) Andy

• Like Like x 1
  5. science fiction no o no o no........... i also have never watched one episode of Dr Who what the fvck !

6. Science fiction ok, Asimov for example

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Sorry, folks.

Carr01 wins today's Internet. Best of luck to everyone tomorrow!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. piss taker: unamused:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  9. Not at all. It was a genuine achievement of Carr's.

No malice intended, you must yourself appreciate the value of a good zinger, even when you are the victim. I know I do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Autobook Triumph TR4 61-67 Owners Service Manual........:bucktooth:

• Like Like x 1
  11. kick a bloke when he's dawn.:worried:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  12. Try reading Girl with a Dragon Tattoo
    Really hard to put down

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Dawn?

*awkward*

CSL!

14. you're donging it again .

15. You are guessing. Or ...

Damn it, I forgot to cover the camera on my phone. Bugga.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  16. "Greekonomics" completely explains how Greece F**ked up economically and why they expect to be bailed out. Perhaps the wrong thread to add, it will probably enhance your view of Brexit whichever side your on.

TB

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Yay! Brexit :bucktooth:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Perhaps just a list of favourite authors ?

For me it’s
    John Grisham
    John Steinbeck
    Dick Francis.

19. Dick Francis was fun, until I realised after the third title that he has never written more than one book : o )

20. I don’t like change :)
    Joking aside yes the stories are very similar, but I like the way he writes. Could probably say the same of Grisham, but he does the odd book that’s a bit different ( playing for pizza is a great story).

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information