1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Car? Diesel, Petrol, Hybrid, Leccy?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by West Cork Paul, Dec 8, 2018.

1. You should get some great deals on diesels at the moment. I much prefer driving a diesel as an everyday car myself, lower revving with more torque. I get a lease car through work and will continue to pick a diesel as long as they are on the list. That being said, I had a LEAF once and it was fantastic, if they go back on the list, I'll have another.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. True

3. Audi 2.0 tsi
    Had a rather nice S line auto estate on hire. 44mpg running it up to 100mph and not being shy with the throttle. OK longer run but it was loaded to the roof with tools, equipment and two passengers. South of France and back. BUT in the UK in traffic jams etc on both legs of the journey from North East to Dover, so a fair indicator of economy.
    Just got rid of a 2 year old 1.6 diesel Avensis estate. 45mpg.....and slow.

• Like Like x 1
  4. fiat panda JTD 200,519mls, 76mpg, no repair bills to date bar service and service items. quick enough, solid enough, fold down the back seats and its big enough. no need for a big car when you have a massive eh.. how does loz put it? ah yes, ego. :upyeah:

#24 finm, Dec 9, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Get a classic so you don’t pay road tax. Morris minor or summit. Morris oxford for the family man, bits easy to get and cheap to maintain plus they are way cooler than the current crop of modern shite on the market

• Like Like x 1
  6. No heating, power steering, brakes worse than a horse, no DAB radio, plastic seats, steering wheel from the Titanic and that funny smell that old cars have not to mention the reliability.
    The only advantage would be as you said road tax and classic insurance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Probably also prevent you getting a speeding ticket!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. When men were men and didn’t need power steering lol
    Not these current so called men with their faggy manscaped beards. Lumber jack shirt and one arm tattooed sleeved oh and the possibility of 3 stars tattooed
    On their neck whilst perfecting the art of the 1000 yard stare ha ha ha ha

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Failing that an R8

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Happy days

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Very true, there’s freeking loads of em, jeans so tight shit stoppers don’t come close. Global individuality has a lot to answer for!
    Old cars are still a bit crap though!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Since you've mentioned this car a few times ive been looking at them and am on the verge of buying one.

13. I just watched a video of a Lamborghini driving under the barrier in a car park.

You have to be thinking Lambo - cheap to park, look all right too.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. Yeah they are but then it stops those bellends driving them as it requires skill to drive an old car. All they worry about is connecting to the in car WiFi so they can live out their sad lives on fakebook

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. One of my old favs was my sapphire cosworth, I really miss that car :weary_face:

16. You can get a speeding ticket in one of those, even get up to 85 on the motorway flat out, :)

17. although still not a bad car, avoid the petrol model, not as hardy, or as quick for that mater. the 4x4 is a belter. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Drive a 17 plate 2.0 SEL 2WD DSG diesel Tiguan myself. Great all purpose car IMHO. Will be keeping mine for the foreseeable future, now on 20k and will likely get shot when over 150k+ unless I start hitting reliability issues which from previous VAG experience is unlikely.

PCP, like fleet sales but more so, is a motor industry saviour and a blessing for the tax man who cashes in on every sale. Hardly environmentally friendly considering the energy and resources required to build a car but then I suppose someone has to supply the 2nd hand market.

Suggesting that the OP pay the balloon payment and keep the Tiggy and run it for another 5 years or so. As said above, there maybe a clearer picture of our motoring future by then.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. We've got a 2013 tiguan 2.0TDI DSG 4motion, will run it till it gives up. 70k so far. Great car.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Is the 4x4 still as economical and cheap to tax?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information