1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Do We Think About Them Dropping Iannone?

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Sam1199, May 26, 2016.

1. Well, well, well. Haven't seen it yet but v interesting result.

2. Well, there is a racing saying. You can't make a slow rider fast, but you can teach a fast rider to stay on.

Iannone would have got better and better on that bike. I wonder how he will fare on the Suzuki.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. It's fairly well known that Iannone is quicker when he's not throwing it up the road.

4. Iannone or Dovizioso aren't going to be fighting for championships, let's face it. Iannone is slightly quicker, but Dovi is far more consistent and likely to gain more points over a season. I also think he's far more of a team player and a better team mate for Lorenzo. Dovi looked sick yesterday, I think he expected the soft rear tyre of Iannone to drop off.

Looking at the results this year, Despite Iannone being ahead in the championship, he's managed to sling it up the road a few times, taking out Dovi & Lorenzo for good measure in 2 of the crashes.

Dovi's luck has not been of his doing, being taken out by Pedrosa, Iannone and Crutchlow in races.

Capture.JPG

5. Well done Dovi. Proving a lot of people (including me :grinning:) wrong.

He's looking very good and right there in the championship. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Can't believe the temperature, now 61 deg.

7. Without reading this thread it sounds like a spoiler would have been polite.... given that I now know one podium place.....

8. Dovi had a good ride, how do you know who was on the podium from this thread?
    Steve

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. So the title, 'what do we think about them dropping Ianonne' followed immediately by:

"3rd on the podium. There must have been some red faces.

He's faster than Dovi, let's face it. All he's got to do now is learn how to stay on.

Personally I think he might have been a better bet. With training."

If I'm wrong then all apologies but it sounds very much like Ianonne took 3rd place.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  10. Because I don't have my reading glasses on, I think this thread is about dropping lemons. However on further consideration I may have arrived at the right place anyway.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Well it hasn't been spoilt for you then. That was from May 26 2016. :grinning: You need to watch the race. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. A year old.
    Steve

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hah! Awesome. I'm waiting for replay at 1000.

• Like Like x 1
  14. A year on this makes interesting reading. How things change.
    I don't even know where Ianone came in today's race. Come to that, did he finish.

I'll say no more until everyone has watched the highlights tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  15. The stats are ok but look at Lorenzo's first few years and read his comments he was throwing the bike and himself down the road all the time

2008 he binned it 7 times in something like nine races - Iannone will get better and be a contender in the next year or so - hopefully come back to Ducati and win !

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  16. Happy to be proved wrong at tye moment although I still think Iannone will improve a lot, I must take some credit for Dovis form, ever since I bought his replica lid he's won every race

17. Can you not buy a Lorenzo replica too please? :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. He may be a magician in helping Dovi, but he'd have to be Zeus himself to help Diva Jlo

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. I still think it'll click @bradders I hope it'll click. :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information