1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Do You Think Of This Mv?

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by camelfarmer, Mar 13, 2018.

1. I've been spending a lot of time looking at MV's and would like a F3800 Euro 4 because they fixed a number of issues like sprag clutch weakness etc. I think there are a few people making a lot of noise about valves dropping, but in my experience there have always been the few. It seems that the bike is generally solid, just really important to keep the battery topped up to avoid sprag issues, and maybe even go with a Lithium ION one to further help.

• Like Like x 1
  2. What I did with my Turismo.

MVs come with a charger when new, make sure that's included in the sale. This isn't suitable for a LiPo battery though so if one's already fitted or you get one you'll need to buy one that works with that battery technology. I have an Optimate TM470.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I spoke with Farmer of this parrish and the Triumph forum and he has great experience having had a F3 800 for a couple of years. He said the worst thing was that the standard battery's are really very poor quality, otherwise I think his experience was broadbly pretty positive.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nothing but praise for my MV. Yes the original batteries are known to be poor but I'm still on mine after three and a half years. Original sprag too.
    Now I've jinxed it.......

5. I’ve a 2010 f4 1000 , love it not had any trouble with mine done 8000 miles , if it was me I’d go for the 800 over the 675 though , great bikes and should keep a good resale value

Do Not Sell My Personal Information