1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Do You Wear Under Textile Trousers?

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by dubcat, Jun 1, 2019.

1. What do you wear under your textile trousers in
    • mild weather (11-20c)
    • warm weather(21c and above)
    I know it's possibly a naive question - but I'm new to all this :)

2. Jeans. When it’s cold I wear a heavyweight pair of jeans and have a thermal lining in my textile trousers. When it’s hot I have a fairly thin pair of jeans that I wear under my textile trousers without the lining in.

Generally though when it’s in the 20s I will wear leathers and if it’s in the 30s Kevlar reinforced jeans.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Marino wool long John's, thin but add warmth when it's cold along with removable thermal lining. I have a small roll up stuff sac from hiking/climbing shop that holds the linings for jacket and trs when not in use, compresses them to save space. The long johns wick superbly so are also cool when it's hot and being wool they have some sort of magical antibacterial quality going for days of wear on tour without washing without getting at all smelly. Being thin they pack well and dry quickly too so if away for an extended period two pairs is good.

They're not cheap from the likes of Hallversons (self and girlfriend have one of their merino wool tops each at £80 a pop, superb mind you). Aldi regularly do their own Crane brand at something like £20, I maintain a stock af a few pairs from there. Last well but do get small holes eventually but have yet to chuck any out TBH as who cares, they still work well in that state.

Don't be tempted by any of Aldi's other offerings, usually compression/sports base layers, even ones that say they're for MC use. These tend to be nylon/synthetic and in my experience don't work at all and make me more sweaty.

Same but at lower temperatures, personally would rather be a little cooler that too hot.

#3 Bumpkin, Jun 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Whatever the weather always where forcefield pro gear, long sleeved vest and long johns, protection level is amazing and is a very thin layer which is antibacterial and coolmax , very comfortable , with the maximum of body armour levels

• Like Like x 1
  5. Stockings and suspenders...

Shit..! Wrong forum..

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Especially if you're a street fighter, stunt riding kind of guy who likes to wear baggy jeans and a hoody whilst riding :joy::Do_O

Only jokin'

7. Apparently police riders, in days gone by, were renound for wearing a pair or two of the wife's tights on cold days.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Joking aside, my Wolf Outlast jacket requires nothing more underneath than a long sleeve t shirt. As I wear aramid jeans, I sometimes wear ultra light Lycra running leggings.
    I’ve got matching Wolf textile trousers but seldom wear them but when I do, it’s the Lycra again.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Just tight fitting underwear to keep your tackle in place.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yip or like in my case riding around like a tourist on a streetfighter lol

11. When Cold; Leathers with base layer
    When stinking hot: Only Alpinestars Ramjet textile pants otherwise my Revit Gear2 leather Mesh trousers.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I would wear Jeans in those temperatures, unless it was raining, but then I would not go out, if Abroad, and only had textiles, nothing under them, and remove the lining. seriously, that is a warm temp, if around 6c would wear base layer with jeans.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Cold, merino leggings. Warm, a pair of running leggings. If commuting, or straight out on the bike from work, a pair of smart trousers.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Commando

• Like Like x 2
  15. Base layer leggings, cool max type stuff. Wicks away moisture and stops trousers sticking. Warm in cold weather, surprisingly helps keep cooler in hotter weather.
    That said, it’s just hit 30 degrees here and we could have these temperatures for several months. So, back in UK next week and arranged to try on some Rokkerjeans. (Bumpkin:upyeah: )The new ones are single skin reinforced with better slide time than leather. Hope they fit. Sound like a much better option for the hotter weather. Good to see some real biking jeans coming on to the market.
    Never seen the sense in part reinforced Kevlar jeans, it seems obvious they will just rip up at the non reinforced sections. Not for me. Some of the textile trousers I would not rate as motorcycle safe either.
    Btw, a lot depends on distances and the bike. I get next to no air flow on the GS, but my old S1r, plenty air!

• Like Like x 1
  16. The question was related to me going on tour in the picos mountains in a couple of weeks. I bought textile pants for the trip but based on everything I’ve read I should have bought jeans. I could buy jeans but I’d also have to buy new boots as I only have Alpinestars smx 5’s which I’d have to tuck the jeans in to (not buying baggy jeans that go over the top).

I’d buy the jeans and shoes to be honest (can use the textiles for the odd commute) but I’m pretty sure we are going to get rain based on weather forecast.

17. I got some Rokker jeans now too Bumpkins fault, so one for hot temp, and one for cooler and water proof

18. See my other post looking for boot recommendations - am now also going to try on Rokkertech jeans o_O

19. Problem is Rain, and temp change, if dry jeans, but generally for touring I go textiles, and would take jeans with me. I would wear textiles for the main part of journey to and from the place I was going, Once there and riding day trips then wear jeans, assuming it was going to be dry.

• Like Like x 2
  20. They are very expensive, but last for ever, but just out are resurgence new wave jean with a 11.5 sec slide time, they are not quite as expensive,

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information