1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Do You Wear Under Textile Trousers?

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by dubcat, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Less stylish (imho) but look like they will fit over regular motorcycle boots! Thanks for that - will check these out too!

2. DiRe magazine did a test on riding jeans this month. Some came out very poorly on abrasion resistance, others did much better. Personally though I have always found Kevalr jeans as warm as leather in the hot days.

Vented leather is best IMHO.

3. Have you tried the newer single layer jeans such as the Rokkers? If not then chalk and cheese. Bought some Hood jeans a few years ago, one ride on a warm day and into ebay they went. It took another Rokker evangelist to get me to try the Rokkertech (other brands are available my brothers) and was so pleased I did. I'm a convert as I'm sure you can tell.

With the Rokkers I tend to wear my TCX baseball style boots. Sure reduced protection to shin but it's a choice I've made.

As to waterproofing, I have a pair of Held breathable over trousers and some Oxford over boots (usually avoid the brand like the plague but they do work). This combo with a matching Held jacket have kept me dry in some pretty foul weather.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Got a pair of Oxford jeans, will fit over the boots - pair of windproof long johns for colder days - wore from Aylesbury to Misano and back last year
    On a SF :cool:

5. Klim Goretex textiles for me. Huge vents in the trousers let’s a lot of air in & through. In summer nothing underneath them. Winter, put thermal HH long johns on first.
    On Pani vented leather 2piece plus Pro Skinns slinky vase layers so the leathers slip off easy peasey

Do Not Sell My Personal Information