1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Happened?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Tim Heywood, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Had you previously been on the sauce?

2. Chatting to my lad about this, and he said it’s quite common with concussion that you can function but things don’t get written to long term memory

He then told me all about types of amnesia, how you can spot it in a brain scan, and how you can tell if the brain damage was front or rear impact based.

£55k of education, right there

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. I had a nasty rta 3 years ago, hit in the rear by a car whilst I was slowing down to turn into a transport cafe. All I remember was hearing a huge bang as I was hit by the car, then laying in the road in absolute agony with a broken pelvis with people all around me. To this day I have no recollection of flying through the air and actually hitting the ground. It's the only time I have no memory of something which happened. Feels very weird to me, like something was stolen from me. I think about the moment of impact every now and again trying to will myself to remember but nothing is there.
    Interesting that Bradders son mentions that things don't get written to memory.

4. Perhaps share to the Bike Runs Scotland Facebook page with a few more details of your bike / leathers / helmet etc?

5. Scary stuff
    It’s like you had a blackout moment someone took advantage patched you up and did a runner

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Exactly what probably happened. ‘Shit man, you ok?’ ‘Eh? yeah ok.’ ‘Doesn’t look too bad, you didn’t fall off, want my number to get it sorted?’ ‘Eh? Er ok.’ Cue other driver thinking ‘time to just leave...!’

7. Life on mars the T.V show comes to mind here.;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. That’s exactly my experience. I’ve tried replaying the moment, even riding the route at the same time of day but there’s nothing there. Just a lost 15minutes. How odd that several of us seem to have had the same sort of wiped memory. Aliens doesn’t seem such an unlikely scenario now!

9. Screen Shot 2019-06-30 at 14.05.41.png

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Slightly different but same outcome I suppose
    I apparently slipped and banged my head off someone’s knee while play softball at school, no memory of even being at school that day never mind playing softball, only thing I remember is waking up in my bed.
    Apparently I wrecked the science lab and had to be restrained and taken to hospital, am thinking it was the teacher as he was a twat

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Looks like a scooters run I to the back of you rather than a car. Uninsured scumbag probably.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information