1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Has Got Under Your Skin Today?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Noods, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Since unplugging my phone from the wall socket, I have had zero nuisance calls on my landline!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Took the Vanvan to Beechdale Motorcycles Nottingham for its first MOT. Booked it a while ago for a 12:00 appointment. 12:25 and the bike was still sitting outside the shop with no MOT started. I got my keys and left without the MOT. Wasted my time and the windy weather was not ideal for riding a bike with not quite enough power to take the skin off a rice pud.

4. upload_2019-3-7_18-38-43.png

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Despite the shenanigans going on in the British parliament, we have a few trips to continental Europe planned and booked for this year. I was applying for my International Driver’s Permits in the Post Office when I had a Post Office Travel Money Card (aka MasterCard) application form thrust into my hand. Thinks I, that might be useful, let’s look into it. So I work my through the Post Office web site pages reading about the extolled virtues and ease of use the card has except I get to the very last knockings and feck me, they charge you to draw the funds on the card in cash, they charge you if you pay in a currency you don’t have a separate wallet for, they charge a monthly fee if you don’t use the card regularly and they charge you to load money onto the card. Well, you can shove that where the sun don’t shine right away. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Retail outlets that don't phone you back,when you want to spend money with them:mad:

7. Just MOT's and then taxed the bike. So why £88 for my little motorcycle and £20 or less for many cars?

Wish they'd spend some £'s on the crappy roads. A very poor road near me has had half the width of one lane resurfaced and left the shiny sealant right in the centre of the lane. This is in a braking zone for a road pinch point (60mph to 30mph). Not good for a biker in the wet!

8. People.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Hellish!

10. Listening to these government c***s on about soldiers killing people! Having spent 25 years in the Army, served in Ulster for approx 3 years on tour and a posting and on op tours in other lovely places, I do not condone murder in any shape or form, it’s wrong. However, we will end up with no army soon, who will want to protect the country in the full knowledge that something they did 40 years ago under fire and they hit a civvie they get prosecuted, I am glad my time is done otherwise I’d probably be thinking about leaving now. It’ll end up like the police where you can’t fart without getting done for something or filling a form in.

None of the fuckers making the rules up have ever been shot at or been in a situation where you have to make a decision in a nanosecond, to save either your own or one of your mates lives or searched an area and missed standing on an IRA pressure plate by an inch. Perhaps when a politician is elected, they should spend 6 months on an operational tour and see what they would do when fired on. There’s a very good video doing the rounds on FB with Andrew Neil asking a Minister questions he cannot answer. Tossers will destroy our country and it won’t even need Brexit to do so!

#950 JimVee, Mar 16, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 7
  11. Echoes my thinking, precisely.

Soldiers are ordered into situations that 99.9% of politicians have had no experience of and are then judged on their actions, by people with no experience what it is like to be forced into such situations. And all for political expediency. Makes me want to puke.

Our new nation is going to be great, with no soldiers willing to risk either their lives, whilst they are young, and jail time, when they a retired.

I swear, our "leaders" are deranged.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. No need to worry..........

.........Germany will protect us.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. But only when we become a German province.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Received my tax reminder for the bike and the letter from DVLA says 1 years tax is £88 (robbing bastards), however, when I log on to pay it, it comes up as £91.

I don’t mind paying it as it’s one of those things we have to do, to remain legal whilst riding, however the letter must have only been posted 2-3 days ago and it’s gone up.

Where the bastards get you is in the small print which says “The rates of duty show were correct at the time of printing if they are changed in the budget, you may need to pay a different rate”

Really pisses me off. If I sent a remittance to a client and then changed it in the invoice, they wouldn’t pay it, they would pay the lower rate and it’s my loss. Fucking government!

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. I pay around a thousand pounds per annum for road tax,and i can only ride/drive one vehicle at a time:mad:

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Same goes for insurance!

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. Yes,so £2k for me to get my jollies every year and the price will continue to climb:confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. I've never understood why insurance companies can't create a policy for the rider rather than the car, i.e. for oneself. They could then have separate fire & theft policies for each bike the owner wants to insure. Thus I'd have a policy which insures me to ride anything I own, rated on the highest ins group bike I have, and have the knowledge that all my bikes are insured against accidental fire or from being stolen whilst in the garage. Maybe one enterprising company ought to do that.:thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
  19. But that's a fair non greedy system for like minded people...and we can't have that sir,can we: unamused:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Norwich Union used to do a riders policy.
    Any bike up to whatever cc specified.

Not sure why they stopped doing it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information