1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Helmet!?

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Advikaz, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Considering getting a new lid

Always been an Arai person and currently have a chaser V although I will say it is very noisy in my opinion and chips easily.

Looking for a track/race kind of lid & good quality..

Any suggestions?

2. Stick to Arai mate. You're right, they're noisy but there's no getting away from that if you vent them. But I'm an ear plug guy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Whatever fits. A helmet is as personal as your choice of companion. What suites someone else may well not suit you. Find a shell shape and go from there. If an Arai fits there is quite a choice, if a Shoei fits your choice might be limited as it is for me. I've had Shoeis for years and have in all that time never found another manufacture that makes one that fits. Andy

4. What is your spending limit? Might as well start with how much you are willing to spend on keeping your brain safe!

...after all I've had bizarre arguments with plebs saying they never ride with a watch on or chain around their neck because a 'mate' once got decapitated or some such utter shite. I'm sure in the bigger scheme of things these finite things do happen but on such a regular basis we'd all be removing our social epaulets (I just wanted to post using that word, I don't have weird shoulder jewellery!).

I'm a big fan of Bell but I do have a large skull due to the planet size brain held within.

#4 GunZenBomZ, Dec 20, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  5. xlite 802rr, best helmet ive used

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. I can go to around £700 notes without landing myself in the poo with the female

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. As said don't overlook the xlite 802rr or the Nolan 802rr ,quality is excellent,i have a Stoner rep wrapped up under the tree , just got to keep practicing my surprised face.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. bought an arai rebel and used it on 2 occasions and sold it because it was so noisy, I don't wear ear plugs but should,
    ive got the shoei nxr now and luv it, cracking lid but best try one on as the fit of the arai is a little different.

9. I'm another convert to the carbon Nolan 802R, very impressed by the quality of materials, construction and fit, but as Andy says and we all know, it is an intensely subjective area. Here's a warts and all review - still subjective

Nolan/X-lite X-802R Full Face Racing Crash Helmet Review

10. Arai RX7 and a pair of ear plugs. :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. ive got the stoner rep as well

12. I'm a shoei guy myself. It does enough sound reduction to not need earplugs on a 899.

13. I have used Arai since I started riding 20 years ago. I currently have an RX7. It's ok...
    I recently tried loads of helmets from different manufacturers. The X-Lite 802RR was the closest match fit-wise for my bonse.

14. ^this, 100%

I've never found an Arai which fits properly, my best fit seems to come from Shoei or AGV. Shark fitted nicely but seemed to be too 'short' and the chin bar would touch my nose at speed - something I've never had before or since. Don't read too much into ratings either, as a four star helmet which fits 100% will be better than a 5 star helmet which doesn't fit as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Not officially available in the uk i was told,managed to get mine at the bike show,i was impressed with the quality and fit but the Mrs was with me and said you dont need another helmet,so i walked away and sulked all afternoon,later my mate appeared with a new helmet in a big bag and tried to blag he had purchased a new lid,but i know better :Angelic:.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Got a small "universal" bonce so don't really have any issues, have a Shuberth C3 Pro with Sena 10u intercom, comfortable and quiet, a shoei gt air and my latest, bought on a wim below, definitely a summer helmet though:
    IMG_1009.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  17. Cheers Advikaz, I couldn't resist, here's one from the front:grinning:
    IMG_1010.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  18. This is my X-lite 802R. Love it

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. I had an Arai Quantum ST Pro and was unimpressed with the quality of it.

I hated trying to change the visors on the arai, felt like i was going to bost it up every time.

Went for a Shoe Spirit 3, good ratings, light, good view, visor easy to change, wind noise is OK and looks good.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information