1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Is The Deal With Electric Bikes?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PerryL, Aug 12, 2021.

1. This is part of an email that I just got from my sol: "You raised with me in a couple of emails about the purchase of an electric bike. These have their own issues and you have probably seen all the information on the news about electric bikes/electric scooters."

I should be flattered that she cares and may have shared her worry with my older brother and sister, as they are all in contact with her for putting in their claims.

What is the deal with electric bicycles, then? Are they considered dangerous? Given that my danger threshold is quite high, I may of missed something here. I did once read an article in one of the hospitals that I frequented, that the three most common serious visits in casualty on a Sunday afternoon, were from horse riding, cycling, and motorcycling. I used to so all three on a Sunday afternoon and never realised what a dangerous life I lead!!!
    Mind you: on a Sunday morning, it is football, rugby, and going to church.

I may of made that last one up....

2. bicycle or motorcycle P?

3. I don't know what my sol thought, but I am only taking about bicycles (coz I don't need my license back for them). Despite watching the electric Harleys on "The Long Way Up", I would prefer to eat my own sh1t rather than ride an electric motorcycle. I have a problem with the promotion of electric vehicles being touted as the answer to the World's problems, whilst ignoring the destruction of World resources in mining Lithium. True that electric bikes will have Lithium batteries, but those are tiny compared to what is used in cars and motorcycles.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information