1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Is This Plug???

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by chezi61, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Yar, that was it, not being able to spot the fractures :)

Great, in that case a 3 pin sumitomo hx, superseal or wetherseal should do it then :)

2. (I'm no electrical engineer but) when the wire connection is knackered and hanging off like that you are trying to force a whole load of electricity through too small a wire. It's like putting a hose worth of water through a straw, except instead of busting it open it gets hot and burns out.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Agreed... you nailed it... I just could find the right terms of reference. ..

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. I take it that it doesn't matter which wire connects to the other , if I were to solder/connect them together after cutting the offending plug off??
    Or should I mark or tape them up with different coloured tape to keep the corresponding wires in order ??

chz

5. Keep it like for like, less trouble shooting if it still shits itself afterwards :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. My 916 never failed but my 1098R did within a month of me getting it!

7. The three yellow wires from the alternator all all the same. There is no need to distinguish which is which, provided they connect to the right three terminals on the Regulator/Rectifier.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information