1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Lap Will Crutchlow Crash In?

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by chizel, Mar 17, 2018.

1. I really didn’t thing Bradley would be in it this year, I don’t hold much hope for next. Redding has these flashes of the rider he could be. Both Aprilias did poor yesterday and Redding finished just behind his teammate who’s been on that bike longer. I think he’s more raw talent than Bradley, if only he had Bradley’s focus and work ethic.

2. Agree, sadly. We need to have more riders in the proper feeder classes (Moto 3, Moto 2) at a young enough age. Our talent seems to go via the superbike route, from where it is much harder to transition to Moto classes. Maybe it is partly to do with size as the Moto riders are all pretty compact? Would have been nice to see Jake Dixon carry on in Moto 2.

There's still Danny Kent I suppose, but he seems to have been distracted by that lovely girlfriend!!

Tom Booth-Amos did well in his wildcard Moto 3 ride - he needs to be fast tracked - believe he is in the junior Moto 3 World Championship. And I'm quite a fan of Bradley Ray, although his path is superbikes too.

3. I'm hoping that Bradley Ray keeps progressing the way he has been. Not from an 'in' family so has not had any favours, but has done extremely well so far with little financial support (money) and relatively poor machinery.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Don’t worry gents, when I have a kid i’ll be properly pushy and live vicariously through them. They may want to go climb trees or play with toys. Nope, not until you’ve brought a few more tenths off your time :motorcycleduc:

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Crutchlow Champion!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. If I struck gold on a big lottery win, I’d happily help him out. Seems a decent lad.

The BSB m3 and the new European rookies thing that starts this year will hopefully get some youngsters through. But you need to be based in Spain really. It’s a mentality as well as resources thing. Here, you get fined for taking kids out of school for a day or two. There, they encourage it providing the work is done.

7. Hope you have far deeper pockets than your choice of bike suggests ;) lol

8. I could win the lotto and I’d still keep this bike. It’s love it is :heart:

I have owned Ducatis remember, they just don’t last

9. I think Cal rode really well, I do hope to see him crashing less this year overall, but in fairness he has openly said he crashes so much because he is trying to push on the brakes which is what Marquez does, the difference is that he openly admits he doesn't have the same raw talent. Dani doesn't push so hard on the brakes, doesn't crash, but also is now being beaten by Cal....

I don't think you can argue that Cal is the best British rider we have had in GP's for years! The only person I think could have pushed him is Johnny Rea.

Bradley won't last a full season, and Scott did finish 'just behind' his team mate, but only because Aleix dropped down about 5 places just at the end, and had been as high as 11th.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Danny Kent is the only Brit to grab a GP championship in modern times:thinkingface:

11. But he has done nothing since, worse than not having had much luck he has suffered with a lack of commitment and his attitude being wrong and it's cost him chances. Even in his championship year, he stumbled over the line in the last races having seemingly started to suffer a lack of commitment or suffering from the pressure (the latter being understandable).

I stand by it, Cal has won premier class races in MotoGP when it's as tough as it gets and he has done it on the bike that isn't favourite, plus he has come from superbikes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Well done Cal. We just need Sam Lowes to stop binning it now. Too much to ask perhaps

13. And for McPhee to get a decent ride

14. With you all the way on Carl,,big fan:upyeah: been watching Gp's for 30 year's but you're are only remembered for championship title's in this game when you finish your career:thinkingface:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information