1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Level Of Technology Do You Prefer ?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Alan williams, Jun 6, 2019.

1. I guess Exige would know about that...

...my bikes aren't allowed in the lounge......

PS....I doubt very much ABS would stop a bike from going down on oil or black ice.....by the time you use the brakes (a daft decision anyway in that instance) you are already well on the hazard so it's too late.......

Need to spot it first, either by sight, nose or intuition.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Me, kickstart, manual advance / retard ignition , decompressor.

• Like Like x 2
  3. They don’t have to be.

Just wondered if satnav was the only tech you like :)

4. I like smartphones, that have SatNavs on them. But not as much as SatNavs, of course.

Thanks for making me think about this topic!

• Like Like x 1
  5. You’re not really trying, are you ?

• Funny Funny x 1

6. I feel certain a large number of forum members will disagree with you there!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. The lot please. Incl cruise control.

Be nice to have something to deploy and return the side stand too. Now THAT would be useful for 25% of bike riders with bikes getting ever taller.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. [​IMG]

• WTF WTF x 1
  10. Tech all the way, it makes life easier and more enjoyable. I like.........sat nav, heated grips, all my music on a usb stick, heated windscreens, electric starters, quickshifters, blippers, auto dipping headlights, keyless ignition etc.

Old school retro is great, but harder to live with on a daily basis.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Bikes are massive now compared to the 80's (and earlier)... I like some of the advances in tech, but I really don't see why all bikes must be longer, taller and heavier with each edition. Its like modern cars. A Ford Fiesta is now the size of an 80's estate car! Anyone who thinks a Mini is aptly named must be an idiot.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Mini is a Maxi :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I agree, and in the house too. Security systems auto lights etc

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. How did we ever survive without it, rider aids?
    Abs might be handy here and there but not a huge fan of the rest.
    Have ridden Busa's for nearly 20 years and Ducs superbikes without any electronic aids for quite a few and so far have lived to tell the story, suppose I better get used to them though because they are here to stay.

021.JPG

As far as satnav (google maps) goes I'd be lost without (yes literally) it. Needed for my job, however I would never and never have even thought of using it on the bike, look where I'm (we're) going before leaving and that'll do.
    If we get a little lost on occasion, it's part of the journey :)

• Like Like x 4
  15. I once heard the electronics on the 1299 Superleggera being described as the only thing stopping the bike from throwing the rider into a hedge. Andy

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. On a modern bike, I need all the help I can get. ABS brakes, traction control, modes, cruise control, keyless ignition, GPS - I love 'em. But on classic bikes I'm for kickstarting, carb ticklers, manual chokes, decompressors, 6 volt points. and no electronic aids at all. Horses for courses. Well some folk like riding actual horses, but that's too far back even for me.

17. Best of both worlds :)

18. The level that involves coal, fire and steam, think moto guzzi style.
    :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. I do love buttons, knobs, toggle switches and dials with moving hands

I find switching the heating on & choosing a radio station in my 10 year old Beamer 100x better than those bloody stupid touch screens

I think some tech is just tech for techs sake and is overrated

Rant over

• Agree Agree x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information