1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Made You Buy The Hypermotard?

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by JenC, May 24, 2015.

1. I bought my 796 hyper to run alongside my (keeper) monster 1100evo.

I always liked the (acquired taste) looks and thought I'd run one for a couple of years and use it for trips etc.

After running the 796 for 3 years (TT's, MGP's & Italy jollies) I became an hypermotard fan, hence now chopping my 796 in for a 939.

Yes, they are an acquired taste in looks, I actually like the fact that not all enjoy the looks of hypers. I love the look but what makes hypers great is the riding, tight twisting roads are an absolute hoot... for me, that's where the fun is.

2. Oooooo, I'll have to find me some of those. :) Now where could they be? :thinkingface:

3. Yorkshire dales.... choose any direction :)

4. I grew up on dirtbikes then when it came to the street i had the zrx1100..always liked to sit upright..im a huge motocross fan and sitting on a motard feels exactly the same as a dirtbike...

5. Wow...well said dude!!! I also had the scrambler and it was too small for me, it was meant for shorter person, shorter legs...i fit perfect on the motard, sits up high u can see over traffic...the scrambler colors r what took my mind off the hyper plus it was affordable 205mo no money down...but im 5 11, 188pds, and long commute to work was hurting my hips it wasnt meant for distance, but the hyper definetly is!!!

20170731_193938.jpg

20171230_160718.jpg

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information