1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Made You First Want A Ducati ?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by oldtech, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Hearing a 851 roar by, goosebumps, then after a series of reliable and boring Honda Machines , it happened, one look was all it took, lol bought mine without ever even have seen a streetfighter in real life, payed without going to see it, courier picked it up from Yorkshire land and dropped it off in sunny South Wales, never regretted it for a minute, the only thing I do regret is the fact that Ducati made a fuel tank which is allergic for fuel, tank number two is already at his end of life after a year and a bit, they should just give you a free one with every service really, or even better, give you one which you can actually store fuel in!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. After the matrix I became aware of them, test rode one of the new r1s a couple years ago, talking to the salesman about what a cracking bike it was, when a 1199 roared past, a couple months later I bought one.

3. Bunking off school in the 70s I walked past a garage and saw a blue and gold petrol tank sitting in a box. I stuck my head round the door and said "what is that from?". Turned out to be a 1971 250 Mk III. "Where's the rest of it?".
    Following weekend I had persuaded my Dad to lend me fifty quid, repayable by lawn mowing for a year, and the whole, dismantled bike was collected in boxes. Took me a year to re-build it. Promptly dropped it outside the local nick with no MOT, insurance or tax. Forty years later and I think I am on Ducati number 10 now.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Meeting like minded idiots on an internet forum that also like to waste their money on bikes that are (often) less reliable, more expensive, impractical for the UK roads than their Japanese or German counterparts, based on the fact that Ducatis have some kind of "soul"....:).... Wuvu all....

• Like Like x 2
  5. As a young lad I lusted after the Italian exotic beauty that is Ducati, I would spend many an hour with friends hanging around Sports Motorcycles in Manchester simply dreaming, but money being short and tales of questionable reliability, I turned my gaze to my first non Japanese bike a Moto Guzzi V50.
    Presently on my forth Ducati.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I wanted to be one of the cool kids so bought a 998 :cool: and ended up here with you nutters :p
    Sometimes things don't work out quite as expected, so I'm building a Kawasaki :blush::upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Going through my teens in the 90s there were two bikes I lusted after the most, the RS250 thanks to my dad being a fan of 2 strokes, and the 916 because it looked better than most of the girls on the bedroom wall next to it. Bikes weren’t practical in the next phases of my life, but the Italian thing stuck when I got into cycling - all my bicycles are Italian made. Fast forward a few years and I can justify a motorbike so my first bike is an 899, my next will probably be a Ducati also

• Like Like x 2
  8. A crap film on Netflix

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. That French one? With the race prepped 959 that had the pillion seat still?

10. Dunno. Twas French alright He was smuggling drugs. Kwality.

11. They used some stock engine sound as well that was more like an inline 4 than a twin

12. It was when he started it up at night that I knew I wanted one. Dipped my toe in the water with a 1098, which I love absolutely. May go for a V4s next, but I'm enjoying this one for now. Prettiest bike on the market, and keeps your nuts warm Sounds like a 1960 mustang and it's red and shiny.
    What more could a boy want?

13. All the friendly :motorcycleduc::motorcycleduc:bike:motorcycleduc::motorcycleduc: people on this forum..... it's like a church on here... :kissing_heart: :eyes:

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Love You x 1
    • Thanks x 1
  14. Ducati is a religion!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Shit? Religions are shit... :eek:

16. Ok not a religion just a way of life.

17. Better :eyes:

• Like Like x 1
  18. The fact I was 50 and hadn't had one.

• Like Like x 1
  19. saw a 750 ss in a dealers when I was a schoolboy . foggy on the red ducaties . 58 now and have hade a 1200 multistrada for 4 years . live in wales and love it .

• Like Like x 1
  20. Came to bikes late. Very late. Crashed my first bike on my first track day. Several months later I was sick of not having a bike. In a moment of weakness I went through autotrader and found the sexiest bike I could for my budget. It was a Ducati 848 Evo. Which I eventually traded in for a monster r. And it’s hard to imagine a world where I don’t have a Ducati in my garage.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information