1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Made You First Want A Ducati ?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by oldtech, Jul 5, 2019.

1. The VW group employee discount had a bit of an influence on the purchase of my 899

• Like Like x 1
  2. My mate bought a 916 and next to my Fireblade, it looked the business. I sold the Fireblade and bought his 916. :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. I realised it was the only chance I’d ever have of getting my leg over a really sexy Italian with a stunning pair of pipes..

Cost me though... x

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Brexit is a religion

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. I loved the menacing look of naked black monsters. Never much cared for full dressers and a lot of bling. Honda's and Yamaha's were a dime a dozen. The bike's that were a rare sight impressed me the most along with their distinctive sound.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ducati’s advertising campaigns.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Oh great, another Brexit thread :bucktooth:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Crap Crap x 1
  8. I can't be the only one who noticed this. When you go on the main forum page listing everything. this threads title only shows this amount of words.....
    What Made You First Wan

• Funny Funny x 4
  9. k

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Personally I would have thought it was der into your local Ducati dealer.

I guess our minds work in different ways. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Toseland on the 999. The Fila & Airwaves era.

When it came to owning one, the 848 in white was my pinup bike. Old fella took me out on a roundabout when I had a ninja so I shook his hand and thanked him for my new 848. Then the faultistrada came and showed me ownership was different to lust and I went elsewhere. In the same way I'm sure some supermodels get right on their fellas tits but they're good for a little dalliance

12. Someone turning up at a pub on a 900ss (I think it was) in the mid eighties, loved the look and the sound.
    Didn’t get round to owning one until years later, but as much fun to ride as they are to see and hear in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I think there remains an unusual glitch attached to the thread title compiler bit, letters added or removed in the past and sometimes decides to start each word with a capital letter, even going back and editing didn't always correct the problem.

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Character
    That hits the nail on the head , right there .

It can't be bolted on or painted on , and dazzling graphics won't do it either .
    A pig with lipstick on is still a pig .

Have Ducati made any pigs ?
    I haven't a clue ..... it might be a good title for a new thread ?
    ..... it being the weekend and all :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. He meant the Gixer had Character o_O
    and oh yes they have, humongous piggies :bucktooth:

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. For the same reason I purchased an Omega Seamaster as opposed to a Seiko.

17. To answer your question..... an early VHS...
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. I hate the fact that it won't let you use capitals.... well the software can be configured to, but Snowball (or is it Napoleon....any way) won't switch it on.

19. Definately the noise!

20. Sitting in a laundromat in the early 90s waiting for my washing a guy pulls up on an 860/900 GTS or similar. He parked with the bike facing away from the doors so when he started the engine he filled the laundromat with a glorious boom. I had to have one. Within 3 years I had a 4 year old 600SL Pantah but could only keep it 6 months before I had to trade up to a 900 MHR -first year run without the side covers and one piece fairing.
    30+ years later I am on my 6th Ducati having also had a 1980 Laverda Jota for 6 years

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information