1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Made You First Want A Ducati ?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by oldtech, Jul 5, 2019.

1. They weren’t around then :blush:

2. Still old cars back then :yum

3. The sound...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Paul Smart:

Paul Smart 750SS 1972.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Love You Love You x 1
  5. Seeing and hearing one of these start up then pull away for the first time at the age of 16
    [​IMG]

At the time I had one of these and it cost me £19

mobylette-luxamatic[1].jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. What made me first want a Ducati?
    Foggy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. The looks, the sound of a Twin and the finer details they use compared to the Jap bikes.

I always wanted an 848/1098 since seeing them first released in 07. Only recently got mine, however I can't see me selling to it only adding to the collection.

Hypermotard is tickling my fancy at the moment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. HE was a bit of a K*nt back then... still a nice bike.

9. Oh Yeah , him as well ..... but I was already set on having one , before he came on the scene
    Not exactly Mr Geniality , but he delivered the goods ...
    .... again and again !

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. The looks! They’re beautiful

From a racing stand point they’re a bloody nightmare at anything other than factory backed levels.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Bunking school around 1986-7-8 & doing the red bus rover,McDonald's, soho peepshow tour around London. Came across a photoshoot of what I now belive to be a 851, outside Bar Italia. Never seen anything like it before (my older brother had Triumph t120 , AJS 250 & some Yamaha 200 rd ? thing) First one wasn't till 2004, 749 bp

12. Ducati scrambler 4 yrs ago! Mostly a Harley man built my own custom sold it, couple of years went by then Ducati bought out the scrambler only time me and the missus picked the same bike the Classic!
    Now I've had a 1200 S multi 9 months !

• Like Like x 1
  13. The sound.... the bag of rattly spanners when they started up but then turn into that glorious roar when the revs were applied ....OMG YES PLEASE !

• Like Like x 1
  14. You & me are separated at birth. That’s exactly me & my current thought process.

15. 1098s in black ( with the red frame ) ..... or 848 Evo Dark

They've been on my wish list also , since first seeing them :)

The newer models aren't really doing it for me .

• Like Like x 1
  16. An article in Cycle magazine in 1990 reviewing the white framed Ducati 900ss. I still have the article.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Have always liked 2 cylinder red/white bikes. So my first bike was Yamaha xz550s white and red, who I repainted red and white! Next was a MG v65lario but longed for a 1987 LeMans, the only year it was red and white. So when the 900SS in red and white came out I was out of control, I was in love.
    So beautiful, so minimalistik and aestetic, whit right silencer she was perfect.

• Like Like x 1
  18. You got the nail on the head there mate, I took my 996 to Silverstone Wednesday and loadingback in the van I noticed all the bolts had fallen out the undertray.

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Sad but it’s true. Ducati fanatics will say it happens to all bikes.

But it doesn’t like it does to Ducati’s from my experience. My Panigale was horrendous for bolts falling out. I had to loctite everything within an inch of its life

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information