1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What music are you listening to ?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Imola, May 26, 2012.

1. Love this whole Album, the Title Track.....

• Like Like x 2
  2. Listening to the whole set

3. Excuse memory, I think BBC did a series on the Radio roughly around the time of that Album on Record Producers. Every single programme was unmissable for me back then, they were that revealing/interesting. Joe said they decided to set sail with an onboard recording studio to get some alone time for inspiration (you remember it was the trend back then, still the same to some extent now for some I expect.) The plan was to re-record all tracks on return to mainland as acoustics could be played with but this track "theme from boat weirdos" couldn't be improved upon so they left as is.

4. Hi Chris,i've no idea as way before my time:thinkingface:,but it sounds like you were treated very well with compulsion viewing,when the BBC do something on the music front it's normally worthwhile couch time..

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. They must be kicking around somewhere, they did from memory, Bob Ezrin, Tony Visconti, Robert Fripp. possibly Alan Parsons - around 6 programmes at a guess.

EDIT I forgot, also Steve Miller, a massive insight into the man.

#10707 Chris, Jul 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  6. Can you've a word in their shell like for us folks that have not seen this material.:thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
  7. easier than I thought, a few available now*:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0072fbv/episodes/guide

Bill Szymczyk (Joe Walsh etc) not available presently.

*you know what "the" BBC are like, they rotate availability of their archives to try and impress on us "how lucky we are" to have been granted access.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. another "nearly" from Bill

• Like Like x 2
  10. second half is best.

11. A really clever songwriter, not a bad guitarist too

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  13. not many.. I think he could have riffed with the best of them at one time, the short solo at 1 min 46 seconds is just a glimpse at a rare gem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Carrying on from the Bill Nelson, Be Bop Deluxe theme here is "Herbs" an NZ institution Band, featuring Charlie Tumahai on Bass, as he did for Be Bop Deluxe......

• Like Like x 1
  15. it's well documented how Bill gave the band a pretty hard time on occasions, even an understatement.. something he probably regrets now.

• Like Like x 1
  16. To be honest I know nothing about Bill or Be Bop Deluxe, just that when I saw the name Be Bop something pinged in my mind and Google did the rest.

17. they almost made the big time, a few entries on Top of the Pops at the peak which often opened doors but I think the clash* within the band soon halted that.

so much promise, so many "nearly" tracks all full of short bursts of excellence but never (imo) for the whole song. (0.31 seconds, what an opening)

#10719 Chris, Jul 11, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  18. There was a single called Ships in the night, classic stuff

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information