1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What music are you listening to ?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Imola, May 26, 2012.

1. RIP Gerry

2. Thanks for that link Pete, one of the most explosive and mysterious relationships i've ever known, even puts Richard Burton/Elizabeth Taylor in the shade. Only heard recently they'd called it a day again, a great shame for me, must be true what they say - a real love/hate relationship. Notice how Lindsey says "ready?" at the beginning - stress-city all the way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I see what you mean, what an Album. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Discovered this lady this morning. I like :)

5. What i heard is that he called it a day on their relationship all those years ago & not the other way round,but strangely enough he's the one with the hangup.

6. 64C745BB-BC3B-41E1-A662-3C91B0C81032.jpeg
    Heard her on radio six music earlier today.
    Seems a nice girl.

7. There’s a hint of Amy Winehouse about her. I hope she just mimics her music and not her lifestyle.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Band let him go in fact, will P.M.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. They played the Little Dragon with Moses Sumney track on radio six this morning.
    one of those remote recordings, back and forth and adding bits as the went, very clever.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Like her a lot, will keep an eye on her. Thanks

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  13. all over in just 2 mins 25 seconds (approx) and indelible stamped in your brain for your whole life (just me maybe).

This was written by Doug Morris in 1966, who had joined Laurie Records as a songwriter and producer the previous year. He eventually became vice president and general manager of Laurie Records, before starting his own label, Big Tree Records, which was acquired by Atlantic Records in 1978. Morris went on to become one of the most respected and influential executives in the global music industry playing an integral role in making Atlantic the leading company in the Warner Music Group before becoming Chairman and CEO of Sony Music Entertainment in 2011.Morris recalled the story of the song to Billboard magazine: "I was working in A&R for Laurie Records, the label Dion was on, when I wrote 'Sweet Talkin' Guy.' I wrote it in the office. It was very heavily influenced by one of the Supremes songs, I forget which one. The song came pretty easily and I probably finished it in a week. At the time, I was about 24 or 26 and living in Seaford, Long Island.""I was writing it for the Chiffons, so lyrically it would have to be something that they were interested in," he continued. "They loved it and did a great live take on it.""I produced the session, which was at Allegro Sound Studios in New York, with Elliot Greenberg, who was one of the owners for Laurie Records, along with Gene and Bob Schwartz," Morris added. "I wrote it, but back then the owners of the record labels also got the writing credit so that's why Elliot Greenberg and Bob Schwartz and Barbara Baer got credit."This was the last of five Top 40 hits for The Chiffons in the US. The song originally peaked at #31 in the UK in 1966. Re-released six years later, it climbed to #4 on the UK singles chart.

RIP Barbara Lee (1992)

• Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  16. My current fave....

17. Someone ! know bumped into this geezer the another day,so i'm revisiting the album Stanley Road,please note who's on the drum kit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. One for @Chris and the expired Rat.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information