1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What music are you listening to ?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Imola, May 26, 2012.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Further confirmation of how hard it is to get noticed despite promising signs of talent.
    Rhian Teasdale/2013:-

3. YYYAAASSSS, found it. i heard this about 20odd years ago, it's been an intermittent ear worm ever since, i had no idea who it was or what it was called. and haven't heard it since, despite looking for it every now and then. then, a customer came in yesterday and introduce himself as jack, i replied, "hay Jack Kerouc" BOOOOOOM. came to me in a flash.
    fugging awesome. funny how the mind works init.
    10,000 Maniacs - Hey Jack Kerouac - YouTube

• Like Like x 1
  4. Natalie was huge when I moved to the USA. You couldn't turn on MTV/ VHI without her appearing. Albums like Tigerlilly and Orphelia are great or the VH1 specials are all on Youtube.

Watch this at 5.36 Natalie and the band let it rip. Amazing voice.

• Like Like x 1
  5. superb, been binging on her stuff since friday afternoon. i had been googling variations of knickknack paddywhack on and off for years trying to find what i thought was the lyrics to, jack kerauac. chortle.

• Like Like x 1
    #13208 Chris, Jun 20, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 3
  8. 2022

#13210 Chris, Jun 20, 2022
  9. 1979

#13211 Chris, Jun 20, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  10. A bit towards Modern Soul for me Chris.

11. the BLANC one? intro repeat too long and sounds better at 0.75 speed but shows how original below had great (and hidden) potential if a little "safe"/staid.

12. No, the Phillie track by Silk

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. not at home with the genre terms but like a lot of the sounds.

• Like Like x 1
    #13217 Chris, Jun 20, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
  15. something Viv @Ducbird said just now - "i'm a big fan of the Scramblers" gave me a sudden urge to play this. :D:D:D

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. The iconic Ian Brown

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information