1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 What Next For The Multistrada?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Steelboss, Aug 3, 2022.

1. maybe I don't explain myself well, this message is not an expeculation, IT IS A REALITY, THEY PRESENT THE MULTISTRADA RALLY, (more fuel tank etc etc)

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. I’d be surprised if they didn’t release a V4 enduro with bigger tank/ crash protection etc, to compete with the GSA, as they’ve pitched the standard V4 against the GS, and have taken quite a few sales from BMW already.

3. Going of Ducati history I'm sure they will produce a larger capacity version (1258) of the grantourismo engine at some point, just hope its not 2023 as I will find it irresistible

4. I'm confused that they didn't to be honest. When you sum up the fact that a multi delivers 200 miles from a 22ltr tank and I could get 110 from a Panigale with 17ltr it seems it was only the extra fuel capacity that has given the range and not the engine tune.

I imagine 210 bhp in a multi will get tied in knots very quickly though if you didn't understand/previously ridden powerful bikes beforehand so maybe not quite 210 but maybe 185-195. The conventional cylinder heads/valves shouldn't really affect power or limit as such. Unless they were concerned they were going to build a better V4 engine by taking away the desmodromics?

5. The new scrambler they are launching next year is the bike it should have been in the first place

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. A decent rear brake would be nice......

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
  7. It’s nice to dream!

8. A 3 wheeled electric city bike for the slightly older city yoof

9. I’d say that’s the bike that a lot (not all!) 1260s owners are looking for….I know I am.

I spoke with a Ducati rep earlier this year at Motorcycle Live at the NEC and suggested that a model based on the PP with SSA, but with standard 17” wheels, Skyhook and no carbon - optional radar, would please a lot of 1260s owners…

Fingers crossed that we’ll see this model at some stage, just not sure it’ll be 2023MY.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. I've kinda been waiting for that f*cka!! Will have to mortgage wife out though... :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. unfortunately most of the folk on the ducati stands at events don't even work for them :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. I wonder if there’ll be a new Hypermotard?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I would be intrigued to know the general consensus on how long we will still be riding around on petrol engined bikes?

14. reckon internal combustion engine will see the vast majority of the (rapidly aging) UK riding population out :confused:

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. But once all new cars are electric, how long will there be enough fuel stations selling petrol to keep bike riding viable?

16. same answer. reckon there will be next to no one riding bikes in 15 years or so and petrol cars will be running around for lot longer than that

17. Petrol will always be available, but will be priced out of the reach of most.

People squeaked at £2 a litre, after 2030 I'd imagine it'll be 5 or even 10 times that. And road tax on ICE vehicles will be thousands per year, which will push pretty much most of the population into electric.

18. Synthetic fuels, as per new F1 rules. May keep the gas guzzlers going.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Battery power is a stop gap measure 15 - 20 years or until the rare metals used for batteries run out. The attached is a good read.
    Hydrogen power is the answer, it just needs more investment from the automotive industry (btw - JCB already make hydrogen powered units) and hydrogen production costs will come down.
    All just my opinion of course :)

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Synthetic fuels have no future mass production wise. I’m sure it will be produced to allow classic vehicles to be used for show but no more than that.
    Hydrogen also has massive drawbacks as it needs energy to produce it in the first place and in any case I believe the water produced is also a greenhouse gas.
    Audi’s take on it. https://www.topgear.com/car-news/electric/audi-synthetic-fuels-are-not-future

Do Not Sell My Personal Information