1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Retro Automatic Car Would You Buy

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by noobie, Aug 15, 2017.

1. 635 csi ... tasty. I do have a soft spot for the BMW 6-series.

I remember years ago when you could by an XJS for the same price as what its next service would cost :formerhilarioussmiley:

• Like Like x 1
  2. So your XJ900 presumably did 70mph topped out then right :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. As I recall it, officer, absolutely correct.

Allowing for 100% speedo inaccuracy.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. V12 Jaguar.

• Like Like x 1
  6. You talked me into it, Ron. Let's talk affordable figures : o D

At least then I could start lording it over my sons - one has a 330, the other an M235. Little buggers.

• Like Like x 1
  7. all big beasts being described here. what is it they say again? anyhoo, you will all recall me mentioning the mini clubman brw.

8. Hmmm. Old 635 or M235 ?? Think your Son may still have ya beat there Lozzy Raptor !!

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. I recall you saying that you found Mini Clubmans intimidating, so you do.

10. as much of a mini fan i was waaaay back then, i wouldn't encourage my kids to drive one. 30odd to the gallon, pumps out more hydrocarbons than it burns, hit a wall at sixty and you will never be found, and no bluetooth. gorra have bluetooth.

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Told ya. Scared shitless of 'em, so he is.

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. All your quotes seem to have you hitting solid objects at 60, have you got previous ?? o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Darwinian version of NCAP. If they make it to 30 and develop some driving skills then they are licenced to spawn the next generation of drivers.

I actually think more chavs should be encouraged onto unlicenced cut-down stepthru bikes and into high-powered retro mantraps. Let's make some wiggle room.

• Like Like x 2
  14. plenty. as in v.plenty.
    60 in a small car around here and where i am from is a good speed. mostly twisties, no motorway.
    i still love the wee cars. way more fun on the roads about here. many of them come with bluetooth to. :upyeah:

15. Maybe you'd stop crashing at 60, if you weren't on the fecking phone so much ?? :upyeah:

16. who said i crash? its my driving licensee that takes the hit. and besides. i only just started using a smart phone. been using a 13year old samsung for about.....hmm.....13years.

17. You said you do o_O

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information