1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Retro Automatic Car Would You Buy

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by noobie, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Just wear your helmet in the car and fit a Sena... job jobbed, and more saferer too.

2. 60 on a tree lined, cliff edged single track in a tin can held together with self tappers and string is way more exhilarating. safety never came in to it. more so now right enough seeing as i am catching up with you lot. :innocent:

3. Description sounds like a 2CV, never seen a slushbox in a snail...

4. wee all had minis, 1300s kent cams, rc40's twin SU's good for Ooo 70easy. *fond memory emoji* mine was hand painted, naked sax player on the bonnet, free bird album cover on the roof,
    but i get it, worked on a lot of the big mercs and BMW'S of the past inducing lots and lots of twin turbo Nissan's and there ilk as was the fisher folks want back then. loved that 6cyl bmw engine my test rout at that time was round the aberdeenshire coastline, single track and big drops to the sea, while deffo not giving a shit of the consequences i swear the XR2's where quicker round it.

5. Rover 3500???

6. SD1twin plenum? . a workmate had one. hmm.

7. Weirdo !!!! ;)

d45960cb92ccc777df97a89e64360dad--vintage-twins-vintage-men.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. you so hony right now.
    dirty wane, dirty.

9. I was thinking of the Rover 2000 with the v8 motor
    The SD1s were a nightmare...

10. Oh , you meant like Candy Dulfer right ?? Doh......:grinning:

11. ah, my uncle had one. they all wore hats back then.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. not sure my mate painted it on but after a quick google yon candy is v.purdy :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. So they did.
    Great looking motor and pretty good performance. Probably thirsty though...

14. What about a metro?........6R4 ,obviously.

• Like Like x 1
  15. The '800'? We used the 88G229 cam.

16. i dont remember the number, i seem to recall the cam profile having names. rally cross?

17. 800 was originally Fast Road. The 88G229 was the BMC part normally found in the 997 and 998 Coopers.

Learned very quickly not to use the 1100cc engine, stock or tuned.

18. from what i mind my engine didnt come straight from another mini. a morris maybe? it had an extra head bolt the normal mini engines didnt have. make any sense to yah?

19. Unless you somehow managed to fit an ALL-AGGRO engine in there, I think the only other transverse engines that would fit a Mini were the 1100 and 1300 ones. The 1100 would probably have broken it's crank the moment you went above 5000rpm; so I guess it was probably the 1300.

But you could have course have gone further like I did with one and fitted a 1600cc BDA (Ford) engine onto a 1275 S straightcut gearbox; plus the Ford Crossflow head - with four forward facing Amal concentric carbs.

20. yip, seen that one in the magazines of the time.v.quick i bet.
    mine was built from spare parts from other mates rebuilds, these guys went to town with them. rear beam axils fitted, hi/lows fitted at the front with positive camber arms, frenched bodywork, big money.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information