1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Started You On Your Ducati Journey?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Symon Moore, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Wow, you managed to find your old Darmah and got it back! Have you got any photos?
    I would love to at least see my old Red/White Darmah, but the Gov.UK website has it as not being taxed since 1990 (GOM 530W), 4 years after I sold it. I tried to resist the need to sell it for as long as possible knowing that when I did it would be years before I could get another bike.

2. Hi. Here's a photo taken while it was in the last owners possession. It's as I sold it and is the same today; he did nothing to it and only put 2k miles on it in 20 odd yrs - showing it mostly. It wasn't too hard to find as I kept in touch as the years passed.

upload_2019-2-11_22-10-19.jpeg

Although similar it's not a MHR fairing, just a sports fairing which came from Moto Cinelli I recall. Head-stock fairing mounts are SS or MHR (don't remember) and the rest I made up. It was an unfinished project when I sold it and now I can take my time getting it how I always wanted it; fairing cut away for side-stand, brackets for the rear-sets which went and came back with the bike and a few other things.
    It's a wonderful feeling getting a bike back that you have put so much of yourself in :heart_eyes::cool:, hope you find yours one day :blush:

• Like Like x 4
  3. Went to the NEC and initially was lusting after the sportsbikes on the Ducati stand.
    Then my attention was drawn to a 2013 Multistrada. Way out of my budget at the time.
    Schemed n bluffed herself over a couple of years to buy a 2010 first. Sold that and now there's a 2013 GT sat in the garage.
    I'll probably get a DVT next.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Being pillion on a 900SS in red :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. In red....cat suit? :thinkingface:

6. Great story brother!

7. A mate of mine had to decide if he wanted to keep his 996 or go down the BMW gs route he had expanded past using his 996 but loved her dearly ! To get used to not owning her he asked me to take it and give her a good cleaning and get it ready for sale me having ocd with the cleaning ! I hated duc,s always a jap 4 fan little did I know I,d realize how beautiful a bike they where and this was even a yellow one ! Its there my love affair started he sold it for feck all I should have bought it but it would be like sticking the lips on his wife or possibly worse !!!

View attachment 145609

237.jpg

236.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  8. Honcati07.jpg My 1980 Darmah, modded a bit by me with Mead Speed fairing, 2 into 1, ace bars etc. Has a current MOT on it, somewhere.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. A bit off-topic I know, but one hot summer day in my back garden, my mate malcolm and I decided to swap bodywork to create a Honcati and a Duconda. Sacrilege, I know, but we had a laugh! Surprising how well it fitted on both bikes, I think the Desmo CB900 looks best! I think this was around 1980ish. We had both bought the Mead Speed nose fairings!
    Honcati01.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. Great looking bike!

11. After passing my test I wanted something different as a first “big bike” so bought a M600.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  12. My first bike was a malaguti too yours looks like a monte I think, I had a superqurttro (not sure if I spelt that correctly) great fun bikes I have also owned a Moto Morini 3 1/2 so I definitely have an affair with Italian motorcycles

13. Yes that’s correct it was a Monte, had the chance to buy one needing restoration a few months ago, decided against it as it would be virtually unrideable in today’s traffic & me at 15 stone instead of the 11 stones I weighed as a 16 year old, great machine back then though, talking about virtually unrideable I pick this up on Sunday, it’s for my 84 year old Father to tinker with
    E2274522-FFE3-466B-814D-DF6BE51FA966.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information