1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Tenuous Link Do You Have To A Famous Name Real Person Or Not...?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by andyb, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Got stuck in Bordeaux airport during french traffic control action one hot summer. Met and chatted to ‘Man of the people’, Red Ken Livingston, he like the rest of us stranded travellers was not best pleased with their decision to strike!

2. Met and chatted to Carl Fogarty in a fancy restaurant a while back, felt stupid for asking but having my two daughters at hand made it easy to ask him for his autograph!

3. I was the opening image of a tv series from many moons back.
    Made up to look like a Victorian raga muffin, my job was to hold a donkey by the reins until the lead cast walked by.
    Non speaking part, and the pay was mighty, especially when you were a kid!

• Like Like x 1
  4. I once let a flat to a famous coronation st. actor.
    She was a tenant of mine for a couple of years.

5. Met John Surtees at Brands at a Vintage race meeting early 80's, my eldest son was so proud to have shook his hand. Saw Jimi Hendrix three weeks before before he died. Met Douglas Bader at a school speech day. Chris Marley a great nephew of Bob's father requested me to provide a DNA test years ago, told him to fvck off.

• Like Like x 1
  6. sex change ?

7. No, they’re all ‘actors’ these days darling.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Scar Top House? :thinkingface:

9. I once had a conversation with Pierce Brosnan. It was in Kensington and I was waiting to use a payphone as I was not flash enough to have a cell and he happened to be walking past. I said, because he had only just been announced for the role, "It's James Bond" and he looked over at me like who is this twat, and I said "how ya going" and he said "alright" and quickened his pace. Tenuous.
    That's about it for my name dropping although, this one time, I was sitting at a table beside Michael Laws, Mayor of Whanganui.

10. He’ll know my cousins!
    Tenuous.

11. My dad played a peasant in the 1952 film Ivanhoe .
    Even better than that though, in the 1970`s he saw a short ginger man at a bar and mistook him for Alan Ball, he even asked the very surprised fellow for his autograph.

12. My wife's family reckon they are related to Lulu.

Lulu apparently denies it :thinkingface:

13. Does it make you wanna shout?

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. Went to the same school as Nasser Hussein, Jamie Foster, Mark Petchey, One of my late mum's oldest friends was singer Goldfrapp's mum, one of her sons also went to my school many years earlier. I once lined up on the grid at Snetterton alongside Damon Hill in an open 350 race, also rode at the same meetings as Fogarty, Witham and Rymer when club racing in the 80's. Had a long chat with Ron Haslam in pit garage that we were sharing with James Hayden when he was riding 250's. Had my very first fishing experiences in the same park in Enfield where the late renowned angler John Wilson started his fishing hobby that became his living.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I knew I had another one

My teacher in primary 5 was Billy Connollys sister

Same school as aforementioned Altered Images drummer

16. My daughter was taught by Sara Pascoes sister.

17. 1. worked with George Weyman (drummer Edison Lighthouse ).
    2. used to deliver papers to Sir Peter Scott.
    3. Sold some stuff to Fred Dinenage.
    4. Got told to piss off by Jack Hargreaves.
    5. sat behind Marianne Faithful on a plane to Cologne.

18. didn't know fred was on the gear ?

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Ooh that reminds me, thanks.

Cozy Powell spoke to me once - he said

“Get off my f@cking car”

I was leant against the bonnet.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. No you got it wrong . Yes my grammar and understanding of putting words together sucks but any idiot could tell from the first sentence what I meant in the second .. surely context plays a part... ( Think of me as an English as a second language guy and my stuff will make more sense)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information