1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What To Go For....796 Or 1100

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by DudleyDuke, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Afternoon folks,
    come to the painful conclusion this week that my '17 plate Monster 1200S just isnt/wont/cant get enough use. As such Ive decided to sell her and have looked into getting either a 796 or 1100 Hyper. This would be used mainly for commuting, when the weather isnt too sh1tty, and the odd ride out.

Cant think of a better bunch of folks to ask for advise so please, pros and cons for the various models please.

Look forward to the replies.
    Be safe.
    DD

2. I’ve got an 1100s and love it, but personally think a 796 may very soon become “not enough “. Especially as you are used to a 1200, but having said that I haven’t had a go on a 796 so may be wrong

3. i had a tuned 796 and it was great fun, the clutch was very smooth too.

4. I have a Monster 1100 which has the same motor as the Hyper 1100. I kin love the torque of the 1100 twin spark motor, it’s just a blast.
    I would go with the 1100 especially as said above, after the 1200 you’d probably hanker for more if you bought a 796.

5. Hmm interesting statement.....id just be honest and say, "im bored with it and want something else..."

If youre monster isnt getting used enough why would any other bike get used more?

If you really want a hyper....1100 all the way...796 is underpowered IMO...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I agree with comfy, if your 1200 Monster isn’t getting enough use would your Hyper 1100 be used more? Much depends on your commute lots of filtering (796) or blasting down open roads (1100).

7. My 1100 is mapped - can crawl through traffic at 5mph without dipping the clutch...!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks to everyone for the replies, much appreciated. :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information