1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What To Wear For A Quick Spin

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by RC1, Oct 6, 2017.

1. yeah, cold is a killer. Can get around that by using hiking under garments, often better and cheaper than bike kit

2. Revit jeans.
    Helstons jacket.
    Alpinestars supertech R boots.
    Alpinestars gp pro gloves.

3. Alpkit stuff is mega, but a Sergio Tacchini polo shirt under the Pierre Cardin is just as good. :upyeah:

4. Road skin jeans (got them at the TT a few years back for 70 quid). The bloke in the shop demonstrated them with an angle grinder while he was wearing them....I thought If he was willing to go to the a&e for sales he's got my vote. Armour in the knees and hips....you do look like the Michelin man a bit but otherwise fine. Alpinestars leather jacket with elbow protectors and sidi ST goretex boots....can't see the point of ankle boots.....that's like saying " for this ride I won't bother protecting my shins " there's no difference between the look of one or the other when your jeans are over them. Held one piece leathers for more "dedicated rides".

5. second in my case to total lack of rider skill

6. maybe kappa tracksuit bottoms for sunday rides?

7. How very 80’s casual. Love it.

8. I always wear leathers (Dainese). Even when its 30+. But I have a perforated set for summer, with a lighter summer leather jacket. Plus a non perforated winter set, with a jacket with removable thermal liner. I just don't feel safe in jeans or trainers etc personally. Winter and summer gloves too. Plus a Leatt Coolit vest which I use in S France etc to keep me cool.

My mate popped to the shops a couple of three yrs back to get something. He was taken out by a passenger opening their door. His knee copped it. He had jeans on. It took him a couple of years to get his movement back. He normally wears leathers all the time too, but the one time he didn't...

I also wear a back protector at all times.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Yep, some of the worst physical injuries I've had have been low speed crashes.

It's a PITA 'getting dressed up' but I just won't risk not doing so these days.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Just had a PM from Chiz saying we have all confused him, he wears a tutu for a quick spin evidently :thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. To be fair leathers might not have helped the knee much.

12. To be fair leathers might not have helped the knee much.

13. The knee protectors built in to them would surely have helped as he himself points out. :)

14. Nazareth back patch on the paddock jacket was all the back protection I ever needed

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. one of the reasons i love my wee scoot for booming around town. just twist and go, not boots check. leathers check. back protector check. armored gloves check. wallet check, breakdown cover check.

16. I read that as "wears tofu" 1 st time. Need new glasses I think.

17. Flight jacket resplendent in paddy smith's, ripped up jeans or combats, some deck shoes or monkey boots were all I ever needed too back in the day. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. He wears that for other occasions evidently - he is a Londoner after all :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. PPE is over rated. Shall we mention Polite vests?

20. You not heard of a Tofu wearing Southerner? :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information