1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Van?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by chizel, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Morning gorgeous people..
    I'm looking for a van for work and bike transport... something about renult traffic size. Have 6K ish to spend.
    Any recommendations and advice on models?
    Not to keen on a transit

• Like Like x 1
  2. Personally, at that budget I'd avoid Traffics, Vivaros etc. Great if low miles and you don't keep them long (good bike vans too, very roomy) but prone to gearbox and other issues as mileage increases.
    I know of too many people who've been through two or more gearboxes on 100k Traffics. And working on them is a bitch. You've pretty much got to dismantle the entire front end to do anything.

I'd have a new shape Transit Custom, but not the old shape Transit. Otherwise, VW Transporter - though they hold their money and you pay for the badge - or a Toyota Hiace.

SWB Merc Sprinter would be best of all if you can find one in budget.

3. the traffic's and vivaro are the peoples choice, tho not for me.
    if you could get a really good ducato up to 2006 you could save a fortune on purchase and maintenance.
    a long wheelbase hitop scudo or Citroen Peugeot equivalent might fit the bill . transporters are up there with the best but expensive.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. This looks cool;)no seriously i have a Nissan NV200 full power with all the bits on it and it works for me fine 3f41c07f350a59f0793ac180bef09045.jpg .I've had three bikes in the back now at different times!anything Japanese or German:upyeah:

• Like Like x 5
  5. I know you're not keen but for that money I would go for a transit. I run them for my business and they never go wrong.

6. Get a white one mate, you can do whatever the fuck you like then.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Have you considered something smaller - just remove the front passenger seat :thinkingface:

yacht11n-1-web.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Toyota hi ace bit basic but mines on 215k and I've never put a spanner on it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. what yer man said, way more practical for a city dweller
    upload_2018-8-27_10-35-13.jpeg

10. I guess Chizel might get his sports bikes in one of those but anything like a Multistrada, forget it.

11. He doesn't need the high roof dude :thinkingface:

#12 Exige, Aug 27, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. VW Caddy Maxi.. Avoid the 1.6 TDI though

13. future proofing, sooner or later there will be a moto GP crown to wear.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I would certainly buy based on conditions not brand...
    Doesn't matter what brand it is as long as it has not been looked after or been trashed with cold engine.
    A very good engine and relatively easy to maintain is the VW 1.9pdtdi although not very powerfull, it is more than enough for 80mph cruising speeds.
    https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classi...stcode=da163es&sort=supplied-price-asc&page=1
    https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classi...stcode=da163es&sort=supplied-price-asc&page=1
    Also the Toyota 2.4d or 2.4td old school diesels are bulletproof engines.
    The 2.0 hdi engine used in Peugeot/Citroen/Toyota are not that bad either.

15. Chiz has sports bikes?? :D

16. i have an old swb low roof scudo in here at the mo, with the seats in, 6ft long 5ft wide just over 4ft high at the door but taller once yer in. the newer modal takes a sheet no prob, thats before going lwb and high top.

17. On that budget, be realistic on your mileage. The smaller midi vans are more expensive to buy than the traditional transit size, which I would see as better value for money

18. And they are the worlds fastest vehicles. Fact.

19. Thanks for advice a crap jokes so far guys!!!
    Been looking on the usual sites.
    Quite surprised how expensive the Toyotas are, not so surprised by the mercs.. be looking at an 08 or 9 with around 150 k for my budget.. just seem to get more van for money with the Renault
    Have a few mates with em with good and bad experiences. .
    Bit of luck of the draw like anything...
    Hate vehical shopping. You always keep uping the budget as it seems wise to spend that bit more for something better.. unfortunately I'm not able to..
    Keep ya eyes out for a bargine for me and advice coming! !

Do Not Sell My Personal Information