1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Van?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by chizel, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Do you have a preference for engine size?

2. Not really.. I'm not familiar with any of em.. I don't need anything fast but obviously don't want something that will die when loaded up or on a long run..

3. engine size isnt really a factor performance wise, the 1600 diesels will have more than enough, even on bigger vans.

4. A giant van for chiz. ;)

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. chiz,Forgot to say earlier London Emissions Zone i can get into London without paying! it's something you need to think about or not:thinkingface:

6. Competition time..........how many people can you fit in to this van:thinkingface:

7. Can they be cremated?

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. That's cheating and not within the rules;)

9. What about midgets then?

10. Ok you win...how many Half people can you fit in to this Van:thinkingface:

11. Both chiz and ET :worried::D

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. half midgets? :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Yep that is a factor. Load of shit that is as well...

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. They're 1/4 people....

15. Just need to understand the rules :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Simple division.....Midget is 1/2 a people
    Half midgets must be 1/4 people....Surely ??

17. That’s only 1 rule :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Ok so here is my 2p worth ... As with most modern stuff now the pain in every bodies butts is clutches & duel mass / injectors failing / DPF'S getting blocked up and breaking up along with EGR problems. Avoid Vivaro's and anything French ... Vw's ive got a 98T4 2.5 ... not missed a beat in 30k but i also look after 2 T5's ... ive just put a O/S drive shaft in one of them and that was 240 as you cant just get the CV joint vw want just under 500 !! ... Jap yes engines generally bomb proof but anything after 2005 can really be a money pit.

What i will say is Transit 2.2 or 2.4 remove the DPF make sure its had a Duel Mass and clutch and get it remapped by Pendal. Ive donr 6 of them so far mpg doubles and you generally see nearly 200hp and they dont block the DPF or EGR .... But im keeping my T4 ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. I mentioned engines as more to find out what you didn't want. A buddy I know swore by his last Hyundai iload but it was a 2.5 diesel

The new ultra london zones start in october 2021 but the current low emissions zones and charges have a vehicle checker so if you see something and want to find out it's status Chiz, here is the current LEZ vehicle checker

https://tfl.gov.uk/forms/16063.aspx

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information