1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Whiskey Are You Drinking?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by West Cork Paul, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Never had luck with Dubai for anything other than standard stuff. These were in Johannesburg. Have found some in Bahrain but never that many boxes.

2. Son gave me a bottle of moonshine last week for my birthday (we were in Idaho) - very nice

IMG_2188.JPG

3. Brandy. Some lovely 10yr van Ryns brandy...

4. 4EB3E49C-21B6-40CE-8424-B6CC56D09299.jpeg For a change (and for Mr Phillips):

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Jameson's Caskmates is quite nice IMO:upyeah:

6. Tonight I am mostly drinking Label 5 - Morrison's are flogging it (blended) for £16 a litre

IMG_2285.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  7. Why do you have a goat trying to get in your patio doors? or is he trying to get on the bbq?

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. it's a gas

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • WTF WTF x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Got this a present... 20190918_182018.jpg
    Had some last night, really, really nice.

• Like Like x 2
  10. That’ll cure ya!
    :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Bastards , the lot of you. Been on the wagon for over 3 months now, Doc's orders, then you resurrect this thread !!!:sob:

• Funny Funny x 4
  12. was helpful :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. I’m on the lookout for a nice bottle in a week or so when I travel through duty free at Glasgow. Preferably a sherry or port cask

14. If it’s Scottish stick to single malts 10yrs old and more. If it’s Irish then look out for Jameson’s Caskmates. In either case it will say on the bottle if it’s been finished in sherry or port casks. FYI it’s never matured from distillation in the cask that gives the named flavour, only finished for, usually, another 2 years.

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. 7B5C4E61-A532-45AF-86FA-FBD221B66672.jpeg
    If you can find this one, I highly recommend it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. That is still my favourite, pity is that it is getting very difficult to find around these parts, but as @West Cork Paul says, highly recommended.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. I call that one my 'All Blacks' whiskey as it was opened and consumed in it's entirety on 17th Nov 2018 after we'd beaten the All Blacks 16-9:D. I've still got the next day's newspaper with the story of the match in which I keep next to the empty bottle. Note, I didn't drink it all myself, we had friends over. As it looks like we'll have to play the AB in the 1/4 finals of RWC19 I'm going to see if there is the slightest drag left in the bottom - just in case:)

• Like Like x 2
  18. Been trying to find the 17 double wood for a while

Do Not Sell My Personal Information