1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Whiskey Are You Drinking?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by West Cork Paul, Nov 14, 2018.

1. I love brandy but has to be a good un. Proper winter warmer

2. Amarone is my current favourite, though a good Barolo is up there. Just ordered a case of Rosso di Montalcino - just as good as the Brunello I reckon.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. I’m strictly £5 a bottle plonk. But I like Barolo - go fathom.

4. I save the 5 quid stuff for guests like the 8 cans of fosters I’ve had in the Fridge for 2 years ha ha ha

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I’m a cheap date.
    But, any lager less than 4.8% gets poured down the drain here. Just tasteless

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. 12 yr old Redbreast, from West Cork.

Might have another...

162848EF-D258-43E9-BA12-70E47B8D2F27.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  7. @hyperdildo I needed a strong drink after a bit of family emotional trauma and picked this up in M&S last night, at £25/bottle I thought it was excellent value, a nice starter one and readily available. 12 year old Speyside single malt without the £££ uplift to cover big brands marketing costs.

CAD40A71-AF18-48A2-B09A-A6EBC84D9A3B.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Love You Love You x 1
  8. Thanks Paul. I hope the family trauma was nothing too bad mate that couldn’t be soaked up with a drink :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Just picked this up in ASDA £35 looks interesting .
    If your looking for last minute pressies or party drink quite a few reduced passable bottles for sale ,Ardmore Bowmore,Genlivet

IMG_20191221_163337.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Currently enjoying a bottle of Nikka Taketsuru Pure Malt

• Like Like x 2
  11. Currently still suffering from a surfeit of Powers last night:confused:.

Irish weddings, like funerals, are awash with the stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Christmas day I was mostly drinking this IMG_20191225_223001.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  13. Nice:upyeah: personalised as well:upyeah:.

Looks like there’s a list to starboard there, you on the boat or is you house built on the side of a hill:)

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. It was my old man's Millennium whisky - he bought a barrel (had a slight issue with the drink bless him) and since I share his name I can pass it off as mine ;)
    The list to starboard is actually the glasses have odd shaped bottoms so they roll on a flat surface - well if you are going to get 'wobbly'....

• Like Like x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. they are Brexit tumblers wonky as fvck.....

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  16. They were new for Christmas - so certainly Brexit era :D

17. Thanks for the advice, I drunk a bottle of talisker dark storm yesterday over the course of the whole day and thoroughly enjoyed it. My old man would have been proud

• Like Like x 3
  18. Me and a couple of mates visited the Talisker distillery during a bike tour many years ago, we pitched up in wet leathers in the afternoon and the nice lady informed us that we'd unfortunately missed the last tour - as we looked at each other forlornly she said - of course you can still have a free dram - BINGO :D

• Like Like x 5
  19. Whilst in Dublin for Xmas was mostly drinking Jameson Black Barrel .. it’s v nice

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. I’ve had Haig Club and Jonnie Walker Double Black this Christmas, both very different and very nice.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information