1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Whiskey Are You Drinking?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by West Cork Paul, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Booted out again? :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Heathen :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. And? Good, bad, indifferent? Or, in my tasting notes vernacular, ‘nice’ ‘ or not’ ?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Very nice, faint bit of smoke and spicy afterburn.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. 77970C83-74DB-4F4B-97A3-E1422FB4A30E.jpeg Tonight I have a regular 10 yr old Laphroiag and a glass of Guinness to wash it down. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  6. That’s better than my tasting notes which are ‘nice’, ‘not nice’, ‘ok’. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I have a way with adjectives.... according to SWMBO! Despite my mastery of the English language when I was a practicing barrister.

7. I’m liking the look of your kitchen!
    ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Lol That’s the inside of my new man/bike cave :p

I wish.

Actually it’s the Montenotte Hotel, Cork City. We stayed over after watching Munster v Edinburgh last night.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nice, apart from that germ infected water product in yer Laphroiag do you know fishes piss in water ?

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. #131 West Cork Paul, Dec 21, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Interesting. I’m not surprised, what with the ££££ attached to some whiskeys.

Here’s an interesting but true story related to the above.

Pre-prohibition in the USA Irish whiskey was the whiskey of choice, everywhere due to its triple distilled smoothness, and a massive seller, not just in the USA. Great for Irish exports. Come prohibition the Canadian bootleggers took empty Irish whiskey bottles, or forged labels, and smuggled coloured industrial alcohol into the US. Those that bought it (illegally) and drank it were shocked with poor quality, if they didn’t die or go blind! People stopped buying Irish whiskey for obvious reasons. Prohibition came and went but still no-one would but Irish, thanks to the Canadian bootleggers. This gave Scottish whisky it’s opening and the Scottish distillers took full advantage of it. Only now, almost 100 years later is Irish Whiskey making a comeback.

Just FYI.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. in a Welsh glass...............

• Like Like x 1
  15. Aye, I had a bottle of Penderyn once upon a time. I’ll have to try and find another.

16. Clearly not a whisk(e)y, but the Brecon Gin from Penderyn is worth finding too!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Quaffed a Laphroaig whilst wrapping the pressies. Phew! At least that’s that done for another year :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information