1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 What Will 2022 Bring For The Multi Range...

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by John W, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Chasing volume at the price point is the game for most manufacturers. So they invest in an engine and try to sell as many as possible, thus, imop, you sell the versatility of a bike to appeal to long distance riders, mature sports bike riders and weekend hooligans. A multistrada is that, a multi appeal bike. And it is fun! But tank range is an issue when riding 11/10ths in the Alps. Not insurmountable. But irritating at times.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. My Ducati dealer says the 950S will be no more next year and the 950 desmo engine replaced by the V2! Not sure how true this is though. Anyone else heard the same rumour?

3. Heated mirror option
    Nightvision additional display option
    Programmable; engine start warm up feature. Or long-term storage start up for several minutes scenario.
    Onboard compressor port for inflating tyres or air-blowing off dirt & rain.
    Carbon wheel option at purchase
    Deflation tyre option for stolen events (fixable in error via onboard..)
    CCTV 360degree fixture whereby movement near the bike is recorded for crime-prevention.
    Wiring in option for heating a pannier for hot-meat collections (inside a insulated bag/container).

That took five minutes to think up, though many years to be implimented.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  4. GunZenBomz, that last one cracked me up :joy:
    I like the idea of having a compressor, or room for one.

I'd like to see TPMS fitted as standard, and central locking for top box and panniers.
    Oh, and make a sensibly sized tank cubby, or do away with it and put it up by the clocks.
    double oh, lets have some decent under seat storage space again.

Shame if they are replacing the 950.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I carry a compressor under my rear seat, have done for years..
    Saved my ongoing trip a couple of times and one or two others.

6. Steelboss, I do on my 2012 1200, I even carry a full 1/4 drive socket set and disk lock too :)
    Can't fit the compressor or socket set tool roll under the seat on my enduro, its too shallow due to the way the seat dips into it, so they end up in the top box.
    I don't normally have that on the bike though if I am riding solo or heading off road.

I looked under the seat of the V4S and that had even less space. Would be nice if it went back to pre-dvt proportions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. That’s exactly where I’m at too.

You’d think it would be a very simple thing for Ducati to put the Multi V4 engine in the Streetfighter frame and put some kind of fairing on it. Add boxes, up n down quickshifter, cruise control, pillion friendly. Result a sports tourer, they’d sell shed loads.

The other week I was told by a Kawasaki dealer that their 1000sx is their best selling bike by about 6 to 1. He said they were hoovering up the market because they were the only ones in it.

One other point, I would take more torque over more horsepower too. Far better for a touring road bike.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. The V4 Multi engine is epic. So much usable torque and still a blitzing top end pull.

I am led to believe there might only be 2 new models next year mainly due to the problems caused by covid.

9. Must admit that I was going to jump ship and go for the V4 but I love my 1260S and really can't see the point in buying the current V4.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I’m in a constant struggle with myself to justify upgrading to a DVT let alone a V4. My ‘13 1200s does everything I want and is still banzai in “sport” and I think the only reason to upgrade would be to sidestep an impending desmo service and maybe a little gentler engine manors two up at low revs/round town?

• Like Like x 1
  11. The V4 engine is much more flexible than any of the V2 Multis.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. I haven't upgraded since the 2013 model either. I don't see that the newer models have done anything other than gain weight. Sure it's 20hp higher, but the torque's about the same and it's now almost 30kg heavier.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. A Pikes Peak is going to be north of £21k as a minimum.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. And if that photo is a PP then no SSSA and still a 19 inch front wheel.

15. The PP has already been spied with a smaller wheel and SSSA. Visor down don’t know their arse from their elbow!

16. It was originally posted on an italian website. Visordown nicked it from there.

17. The bike in the Visordown link above is completely different to the one spied in the Italian mag a few weeks ago.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information