1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Wine Are You Drinking ?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Char, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Yes it really livens up on decanting.I try to strike when there are offers on ( not very often)

2. What's an Essex girl's favourite wine ?

....... "I want to go to Thurrock "

#82 oldtech, Apr 4, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  3. Faustino I is generally superior to Faustino V, but not always sufficiently better to warrant the price difference.

On the other side of the border, I’ve enjoyed some very good wines from Matsu, but again the “Old Guy” (El Viejo) is not always enough better than the “Richard Hammond” (El Recio) to warrant the price increase.
    https://www.reversewinesnob.com/matsu-el-picaro-recio-viejo

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. “I don’t want to!”?

5. Where do you find it on offer?
    Life is too short for Faustino V

• Like Like x 1
  6. welcome back... did you get banned?

7. Asda very occasionally seen it at £12 to £15 .Dont know how that compares ?

8. any recommendations for a good breakfast wine?

9. Buckfast.

10. 4 winemakers malbec... had it this morning.. lovely...

11. buckfast have stopped production due to the, you know what. I guess something good has come out of it, and I am all out of Malbec. coffee it is.
    there's a lot of alkies down your way aint there?

12. No love for NZ wines on here? I am ignorant of wine, hate the stuff, all tastes like vinegar to me, I am a Beer drinker when I drink, which is rare these days.

13. Looks like we might have to start drinking our own wine :eek:

to be fair it’s much improved from 10 years ago, Quoins in the Cotswolds for example

we also have a local cider producer over the border in Dorset who makes Dorsecco! It’s a bit rough tbh but needs must

14. I've never cottoned to Cider, which is a shame as I have a good friend who is an artisan Cider brewer, he makes a Heritage brew from apples only from trees which are old breeds unchanged for at least 150 years, they tell me it is magnificent. Luckily he also brews several Lagers, Draughts and Stouts.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. dry as sticks Sauvignon Blanc from NZ takes some beating

#95 nodrog, Apr 5, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  16. I don't drink wine. :no_mouth:

17. NZ whites were very highly sought after, cloudy bay and the like initially, but these days they seem to largely comprise perfectly decent, but samey sauvignon Blancs , with the odd pinot thrown in, unless you know what you're at (which I don't)
    There's little variation or subtlety the the wines which arrive in Europe, but that is almost certainly grossly skewed, and I haven't as yet been to NZ.

18. The huge variation in European wines makes it by far the most interesting region to buy and taste from, though value is getting harder to find.
    I generally won't drink a bottle that costs less than a tenner these days at home, as so much goes on tax,bottling, transport etc, that any less than that and only about a pound goes into the wine itself.
    When you go to mainland Europe, which to my mind is the most varied, interesting part of the world, and as beautiful as anywhere on the globe if you look about, you get some lovely wine for very little, especially by the carafe in the small local restaurants, which I doubt has ever seen the inside of a bottle.
    I try to find sulphite free wine where possible, but it's hard

• Like Like x 3
  19. Agreed Flatty.I have enjoyed Cloudy Bay in the past but have found a number of others equally as good for a lot less.In addition Chilean Sauvignon Blanc is also very good to my inexperienced taste buds.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information