1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Would Be Your Perfect Motorcycle?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by J biker, Oct 1, 2021.

1. That sounds like an updated Hyperstrada with some extra tech and a useable tank. Perhaps they could call it the V2...

My 939 was a great bike but certainly not perfect. Did most things pretty well including a 1700 mile trip around Scotland. Was fantastic on my local roads out in the Peaks as well.

Touring mode:

[​IMG]

Fun mode:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. While i love my old Hyper i own my favorite bike which is my z1000. Almost into 7th year of ownership, got written off 14 months ago, bought it back and put it back on the road with more upgrades...reasons why...

1. Its never failed me ever.
    2. Never ever not started on the button.
    3. Uber comfortable to ride (last time at the TT was 1000miles round trip.
    4. When it got written off it was easy to repair but then its always been an easy bike to work on.
    5. Long valve clearance check. (24k) - currently on 22k
    6. Decent top speed (165 on the clock)
    7. Cheap OEM spares, even cheaper 2nd hand oem...Brand new body spares were cheap as (painted as well)
    8. Good range of performance spares (the write off big ticket item were Nitron pro tvt cartridges).
    9. Good performance increase from dyno work...160 at the wheel - Full system with modified airbox.
    10. Perfect gearbox ratio's (think r6 gearbox with 30% more power).

No plans to sell it. Changed my job last year so now work in town, so it gets used every day. Its covered in stainless and Ti. Everything that can be is coated in either powder coat or cerakote so its impervious to shitty, salty weather. Does everything a bike should do. 20210717_105153.jpg

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information