1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 What Would You Consider As High Mileage?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Dazzx10r, May 21, 2019.

1. No, in the office :(

2. I agree with most others in that the sales person was either not interested or incorrect. The other point mentioned, what would you as a buyer see for a ducati as a high mileage when buying one?

3. Personally wouldn't buy a used Ducati even with a full service history if it was a Honda 100'000mls if it's got service history

4. Do I win (5 year old 899) :) ? [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  5. Wow...go over the water to the U.S. lots of bikes there for sale with 30, 40 or more. A couple of high mileage stories spring to mind....

Lad on the ducati.ms forum from Australia got his hyper to 100k where the clock stopped...rode it in all weathers....looked like it had been pulled from the bottom of a pond but was in perfect working order ( he followed the service schedule )

AF1 forum: Kid and his dad toured round Australia (again) clocking up 60k on RSV4's - the old pre aprc (like mine) and even did a couple of track days in the middle for good measure....

I think people get hung up on mileage...i would have no problem with it as long as its been looked after. A lad at work bought a speed triple with 35k on the clock....he still owns it 10k later...not one problem with it.

6. One of my bikes is a 900 monster on 49000 miles, running beautifully and a pleasure to ride. Its been looked after by previous owners and certainly doesnt feel like a high mileage engine.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Funnily enough there was an SP2 with around 106'000 miles for sale on ebay couple of weeks ago.

8. My Blackbird has done 102000 MLS apart from normal consumables it's had 2 camchains and tensioners and a regulator/rectifier it still a fast very reliable machine with Ducatis new or used as to what your going to get

Do Not Sell My Personal Information